Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 entry into U.S with H1B transferred to new Employer

Hi,

I got H1B visa approved from Employer A in India and after that I got my wife and daughter H4 Visa stamped with same employer A in Octorber 2013. All our VISAs are valid till 2016. I alone travelled to U.S and my dependents are there in India only and have not entered U.S on H4 Visa. I am planning to bring them to U.S in June 2014.

Currently I am working for Employer A and my H1 transfer is in progress with employer B. Once the H1B transfer is done to Employer B I am going to join them.

My question is:
    1. Once my H1B is transferred to Employer B, do my dependents need to go again for H4 stamping in India?
    2. What are the documents they need to show at the Port of entry.

Originally posted by chaitoo View Post
    Hi,

I got H1B visa approved from Employer A in India and after that I got my wife and daughter H4 Visa stamped with same employer A in Octorber 2013. All our VISAs are valid till 2016. I alone travelled to U.S and my dependents are there in India only and have not entered U.S on H4 Visa. I am planning to bring them to U.S in June 2014.

Currently I am working for Employer A and my H1 transfer is in progress with employer B. Once the H1B transfer is done to Employer B I am going to join them.

My question is:
    1. Once my H1B is transferred to Employer B, do my dependents need to go again for H4 stamping in India?
    2. What are the documents they need to show at the Port of entry.
    1. No need.
    2. Generally its only the visa and the approved I797 of the Employer you are working with at the time of their entry into US.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X