Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INDIAN PASSPORT WITHOUT SURNAME ( Blank/empty )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INDIAN PASSPORT WITHOUT SURNAME ( Blank/empty )

Hi Guys ,

I am sure there are many people out there who have this problem/issue that i am currently having . My passport doesnt feature a SURNAME . It is blank . Is there a must and compelling reason for which i need to go and get it corrected ( Fresh/reissue of passport ) . Since i am planning to give GRE in about 3 months time , I do not want to tamper with the passport now . So i am wondering whether living with the issue can cause MAJOR problems ahead ?? Say VISA/international travel/University application. etc , will these be affected in a significant way ??

I am facing the same issue, what do to?

Comment

You will have problems everywhere.

As last name is must in the US for various purposes, your US visa will have
      First Name = FNU
      Last Name = Whatever is your first name in the passport.

If that is how you want your name to be everywhere, you don't need to change anything.

Otherwise, get it corrected in the passport immediately before using it anywhere.
      Immihelp Support
      No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

No Surname

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
        You will have problems everywhere.

As last name is must in the US for various purposes, your US visa will have
        First Name = FNU
        Last Name = Whatever is your first name in the passport.

If that is how you want your name to be everywhere, you don't need to change anything.

Otherwise, get it corrected in the passport immediately before using it anywhere.

____________________________________________________________ ____________
        Hello Dear,

I’ve quick question in regards to airlines tickets for United State and I’m reaching out to you hoping that you be able to address my inquiry. If someone from India doesn’t have last name (given name) on their passport, how can they book ticket if it’s required last name

My friend’s B/1- B2 visa was approved. He doesn’t have a surname on the passport and only have a given name. How can he book his ticket. Since his name on passport and visa is little different, will it be an issue? Consulate have divided his given name into surname name and give name.

name On U.S Visa
        Last Name: YYY
        First Name: ZZZ

Comment

Ticket booking for US without Surname

Hello Dear,

I’ve quick question in regards to airlines tickets for United State and I’m reaching out to you hoping that you be able to address my inquiry. If someone from India doesn’t have last name (given name) on their passport, how can they book ticket if it’s required last name

My friend’s B/1- B2 visa was approved. He doesn’t have a surname on the passport and only have a given name. Recently booked my ticket as YYYY XYYYYY/MR. Will there be any issues at the check in counter at the airport on arrival in the United State? I would greatly appreciate if someone familiar with this can reply. Thank you!

name On U.S Visa
          Last Name: YYYYY
          First Name: YYYY X

Hello

My friend’s B/1- B2 visa was approved. He doesn’t have a surname on the passport and only have a given name. How can he book his ticket. Since his name on passport and visa is little different, will it be an issue? Consulate have divided his given name into surname name and give name.

name On U.S Visa
          First Name: ZZZ[/QUOTE]

Comment

I have the same issue.

I have the same issue. Can you suggest how should I do.

Originally posted by didar.dara View Post
            Hello Dear,

My friend’s B/1- B2 visa was approved. He doesn’t have a surname on the passport and only have a given name. Recently booked my ticket as YYYY XYYYYY/MR. Will there be any issues at the check in counter at the airport on arrival in the United State? I would greatly appreciate if someone familiar with this can reply. Thank you!

name On U.S Visa
            Last Name: YYYYY
            First Name: YYYY X

Hello

name On U.S Visa
            First Name: ZZZ
            [/QUOTE]

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X