No announcement yet.

waiting for NVC update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call the NVC and ask for the State Department case number. After two weeks, the case should have been in their system.

You'll need to provide the USCIS receipt number, names and birthdate of petitioner and beneficiary.

Waiting for anything to come to you is a recipe for disappointment.

--Ray B

Originally posted by gabbyjim View Post
    Hello, please help me, i am from Ecuador, the Uscis approved my case in may 6th, still i dont have news the NVC, almost will be a month and they dont give me my case number. What i must to do ?

Comment

how many day i need to wait

Originally posted by cessa View Post
      Hi,

My fiance in the US received a letter from USCIS that it has been approved on their end and already forwarded the petition to NVC last April 11, 2014.

It's been 2 weeks now and we haven't heard any update from anyone regarding the status of the petition. My fiance is in Las Vegas and I'm in the Philippines.

2 questions:

1. How long it would normally take for us to receive an udpate or the next step to take?
      2. Is there any contact number to use aside from (202) 4857600 and (603) 3340700 (these are NVC numbers from their site) because no one's answering when we called them up to get an update/information.

Really appreciate your thoughts on this.
      Hello, i am from Ecuador, p,dase can you help me? I havd my caxe approved from the USCIS, may 6th, but still i dont have news frlm NVC with y case number, whsg i must to do, how many days takes it?
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
        Call the NVC and ask for the State Department case number. After two weeks, the case should have been in their system.

You'll need to provide the USCIS receipt number, names and birthdate of petitioner and beneficiary.

--Ray B
        They speak spanish, or i must to talk in english? And i have another questions this can damage the process

Comment

Cessa how is your case

Originally posted by cessa View Post
          Hi,

My fiance in the US received a letter from USCIS that it has been approved on their end and already forwarded the petition to NVC last April 11, 2014.

It's been 2 weeks now and we haven't heard any update from anyone regarding the status of the petition. My fiance is in Las Vegas and I'm in the Philippines.

2 questions:

1. How long it would normally take for us to receive an udpate or the next step to take?
          2. Is there any contact number to use aside from (202) 4857600 and (603) 3340700 (these are NVC numbers from their site) because no one's answering when we called them up to get an update/information.

Really appreciate your thoughts on this.
          hello Cassa, How is your case, already you must to have your case number of NVC how many days took it from April 11?

Comment

--Ray B
            rayb,

but is not problem if i call to NVC, i wont have problems, because my fiancé doesnt call to them, the number is (603) 334-0700, and they speak spanish, well my english is good, but when i talk sometimes i have problems, for this reason i want to know if i will be able to speak spanish with somebody, my lawyer told me just you need to wait, but i read many things here and i want to be sure that they have my case in their system. please help me!!!

Comment

Your attorney's advice is not always the best way to handle this step. NVC will have Spanish-speaking staff, if you are able to reach them.

You can also email the NVC, following the email protocol at the following link: http://travel.state.gov/contenthttps...formation.html

Don't expect a response by email from the NVC in less than 7-10 days.

--Ray B

rayb,

but is not problem if i call to NVC, i wont have problems, because my fiancé doesnt call to them, the number is (603) 334-0700, and they speak spanish, well my english is good, but when i talk sometimes i have problems, for this reason i want to know if i will be able to speak spanish with somebody, my lawyer told me just you need to wait, but i read many things here and i want to be sure that they have my case in their system. please help me!!!

Comment

rayb,

Rayb,

But, i am afraid how is not my fiancè that is in USA. they think bad and this can affect my process, i wish really know my case number and if they get in the system my case, my fiancè thinks that the lawyer has reason about all, but i investigate everyday about it. So, i know that the people need to help us because the lawyer told me you need to wait until August or Sepember for the interview, but i saw many cases that dont need to wait this a long time and only take 3 months no more. Give one advice please.

Comment

Gabby,

1. Call or email the NVC and ask for your State Department case number (after giving them your petition receipt number).

2. Ask the NVC to send you by email all correspondence to start the NVC process.

--Ray B

Rayb,

But, i am afraid how is not my fiancè that is in USA. they think bad and this can affect my process, i wish really know my case number and if they get in the system my case, my fiancè thinks that the lawyer has reason about all, but i investigate everyday about it. So, i know that the people need to help us because the lawyer told me you need to wait until August or Sepember for the interview, but i saw many cases that dont need to wait this a long time and only take 3 months no more. Give one advice please.

Comment

rayb,

Gabby,

1. Call or email the NVC and ask for your State Department case number (after giving them your petition receipt number).

2. Ask the NVC to send you by email all correspondence to start the NVC process.

--Ray B
                    Thanks Rayb, i will call i only hope doesnt have problems, but if i wait to fiancé i wont go to USA lol.... THANKS

Comment

Gabby,

--Ray B
                      Rayb,

Am sorry, other thing, do you think that this process will take 5 months? about what depend it?

Comment

Gabby,

Normally, after the petition is approved by USCIS, and if the Embassy in the applicant country is not to far backlogged, it takes about 3 months more for post-USCIS processing (NVC, then meeting Embassy requirements) for a K1 visa.

--Ray B

QUOTE=gabbyjim;336084]Rayb,

Am sorry, other thing, do you think that this process will take 5 months? about what depend it?[/QUOTE]

Comment

Gabby,

Normally, after the petition is approved by USCIS, and if the Embassy in the applicant country is not to far backlogged, it takes about 3 months more for post-USCIS processing (NVC, then meeting Embassy requirements) for a K1 visa.

--Ray B

QUOTE=gabbyjim;336084]Rayb,

Am sorry, other thing, do you think that this process will take 5 months? about what depend it?
                          [/QUOTE]

Rayb,
                          what mean this and if the Embassy in the applicant country is not to far backlogged? how i can know this?

Comment

Gabby,

Normally, once your K1 package reaches the Embassy, you pay the K1 visa fee, fill out the online DS-160 form, set an interview date online or by phone, and get a medical exam. When you set an interview date, you will find out which dates are available and how far in advance. If the interview dates are not yet available or only available more than 2 months later, or if you have to wait more than a month for the Embassy to send you an interview date, the Embassy may be backed up, and your waiting period could drag on for several months.

In some cases your medical exam may show signs of TB exposure or suspicious shadows on your xray. If that is the case, additional tests and'or medications may be ordered, and your Embassy interview and visa processing may be delayed an additional 3 to 6 months.

Isn't the attorney your fiancee hired able to explain these things to both of you? Many immigration attorneys lack experience with anything beyond paperwork processing in the U.S. and that is when things begin to become very gray, because you are continuing without the benefit of advice or current information.

--Ray B

Rayb,
                            what mean this and if the Embassy in the applicant country is not to far backlogged? how i can know this?[/QUOTE]

Comment

Gabby,

Normally, once your K1 package reaches the Embassy, you pay the K1 visa fee, fill out the online DS-160 form, set an interview date online or by phone, and get a medical exam. When you set an interview date, you will find out which dates are available and how far in advance. If the interview dates are not yet available or only available more than 2 months later, or if you have to wait more than a month for the Embassy to send you an interview date, the Embassy may be backed up, and your waiting period could drag on for several months.

In some cases your medical exam may show signs of TB exposure or suspicious shadows on your xray. If that is the case, additional tests and'or medications may be ordered, and your Embassy interview and visa processing may be delayed an additional 3 to 6 months.

Isn't the attorney your fiancee hired able to explain these things to both of you? Many immigration attorneys lack experience with anything beyond paperwork processing in the U.S. and that is when things begin to become very gray, because you are continuing without the benefit of advice or current information.

--Ray B

Rayb,
                              what mean this and if the Embassy in the applicant country is not to far backlogged? how i can know this?
                              [/QUOTE]

Rayb,

I have my papers here in my country the NVC emailed to my fiance, now i must too dowloand the packet and medical exam adn date for interview tomorrow i will do all, i have a question the name of my daughter is wrong, in the email i will have problems?

Comment

The daughter's name should be fixed when you put her on a form DS-160 and they see her passport.

--Ray B

Rayb,

I have my papers here in my country the NVC emailed to my fiance, now i must too dowloand the packet and medical exam adn date for interview tomorrow i will do all, i have a question the name of my daughter is wrong, in the email i will have problems?[/QUOTE]

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X