Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of L1-A Visa -> how to get ESTA

Hi

Since I couple days I try to figure out what I have to do and I hope somebody can help me.

I have the following situation:

I am currently on a L1-A Visa but I will leave my company on the 16th of May. Before I will go to my home country (Switzerland) I will travel for 3 month in the US.
    I already booked the movers and all the flights and travel arrangements, therefore i have evidence that I will leave the country.
    The problem I am facing is that I will not be able to leave the country before June 20th during my travel (I will cross the border to Canada around this time and re-enter the US after 10-15 days).

would it be possible to apply for an ESTA while I am still in the US? Or will I face any trouble when I try to apply for an ESTA after I overstayed the L1-A Visa for approx 5 weeks? I just like to avoid the situation that I am on the US border from Canada and I am not allowed to re-enter the US as I will have an RV which we will have to return in the US and also all our flights are booked within the US.

thanks for your help

Sevi

same situation

Hi Sevi, how did this work out for you? I'm in the see situation!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X