H1B visa go to other countries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa go to other countries

Before I got the H1B visa, I applied for political asylum. But I withdrew the application before fingerprint and interview.
    I got the H1B visa successfully and currently am working in US. I have not been to any other countries since I came to US (I came to US before I got H1B visa).
    Now if I leave US, I need to apply a new entry US visa using my valid H1B visa.
    My question is that am I able to go to other countries or back to my home country now with H1B visa? Will the new entry US visa get declined?

Thanks very much.
    Last edited by jiah1; 05-13-2014, 03:25 AM.

Hello, Jiah.

From what i understand, upon your exit from USA, you will need H1B stamp on your passport to enter USA as a worker. To exit USA, there are no questions. The airline official earlier used to remove the I94 slip from the Passport, but that process is automated now. Everything gets recorded in the system automatically. To enter your home country, you do not need a visa - as you have the passport of your home country.

To enter another country, you would need visa of that country.

Your H1B visa interview - i am not sure how will that go. From H1B standalone perspective, it would largely depend upon the employer, your job, pay stubs etc. But, as you have asylum history, i am not sure / aware of how this will be viewed by the Visa officer.

I am sorry i could not be of further help.

Wishing you luck.

Originally posted by jiah1 View Post
    Before I got the H1B visa, I applied for political asylum. But I withdrew the application before fingerprint and interview.
    I got the H1B visa successfully and currently am working in US. I have not been to any other countries since I came to US (I came to US before I got H1B visa).
    Now if I leave US, I need to apply a new entry US visa using my valid H1B visa.
    My question is that am I able to go to other countries or back to my home country now with H1B visa? Will the new entry US visa get declined?

Thanks very much.
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X