Removal Proceeding and Notice of Appear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removal Proceeding and Notice of Appear

Hi Guys. I came USA with J-1 in 2012 and stayed 1 year. Then I applied for a college and change of status (J1 to F1). But got denied on August 2013. I caught by ICE in December 2013. And they gave me NTA. But for the time it says "to be set". They told me time will be send to me by mail. Its been like 5 months now. I am still waiting for the mail for appearance date. Is it normal? Or if its not what should I do?

Long waits for hearings are quite normal, sometimes as long as 18 months. But a notice giving you a hearing date should show up in just a few months from the initial determination.

-_Ray B

Originally posted by leon21 View Post
    Hi Guys. I came USA with J-1 in 2012 and stayed 1 year. Then I applied for a college and change of status (J1 to F1). But got denied on August 2013. I caught by ICE in December 2013. And they gave me NTA. But for the time it says "to be set". They told me time will be send to me by mail. Its been like 5 months now. I am still waiting for the mail for appearance date. Is it normal? Or if its not what should I do?

Comment

So do you think its normal to wait? or if it is not what should I do? Because its been 5 months havent got notice yet.

Comment

In my experience, a hearing date is scheduled and notice sent, thought the date may be 12-18 months later.

You should probably get an INFOPASS appointment scheduled and ask status of any scheduled hearings. To schedule an INFOPASS, go to:

--Ray B

So do you think its normal to wait? or if it is not what should I do? Because its been 5 months havent got notice yet.

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
          In my experience, a hearing date is scheduled and notice sent, thought the date may be 12-18 months later.

You should probably get an INFOPASS appointment scheduled and ask status of any scheduled hearings. To schedule an INFOPASS, go to:

--Ray B
          Hi rayb. I took the INFOPASS appointment and went there on June. They told me that time has not set up yet. So now its been 9 months and I am still waiting for my hearing date.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X