Visa application at CKGS New York, Fresh after May 21st: any experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa application at CKGS New York, Fresh after May 21st: any experience

Really appreciate if anybody please share their experience in applying for Indian VISA at CKGS, New York after May 21st. After seeing all horrible posts I am really scared to send my son's passport to them but we have a travel coming soon.

I am planning to pay it online and send the package via FeDex and with return Fedex shipment label as well. What are the steps? Are they going to send an acknowledgement by email once they receive it with a tracking id? I just don't like to be under water once I drop the package in Fedex box.

Thank you in advance for your help.

In summary: disaster. Absolutely no one in NY office (23rd St) knows whats going on in the office and staff appear to be genuinely entertained by tormenting Indians!

Lost passports, no tracking etc.

If you haven't booked tickets yet, STOP - do not progress further and plan either another vacation.

If you have purchased tickets then cancel and get whatever credit or $ you can get back or accept the loss.

Google "Indian Visa CKGS SFExaminer" and read the responses to the two articles.

Comment

Google 'yelp CKGS NY'

you won't be surprised...its worse...

Somewhere I read about contacting office Ministry of External Affairs 'Sushma Swaraj' www.mea.gov.in

and Times Now

Comment

Visa for India - updates?

Hi Bholla,

I need to apply for my kids visa as well this week at SF. Based on the responses and comments from people, I am concerned if postal is best way or should I go there in person on Monday to submit the application. Would appreciate any updates on your case.

Thanks
        Nisha

Comment

I submitted in person on May 30th. My appointment was at 9pm. I arrived at 8:40 to line up and got out at 9:40. Btw don't even try going without an appointment. I am able to track my application via the online tool. But the last update was below

Document received from The Indian Embassy and is ready for collection. 6/6/2014 1:17:46 PM

I submitted with a pre-paid FEDEX envelope. I've been checking the tracking number and it has not been shipped back (I can tell because I have the tracking number for the label). I saw on Yelp someone in the San Francisco office has the same issues 3+ days without the visa being shipped back.

Comment

After I saw " ready for collection." same status, I got a call from CKGS, that they wanted return shipped, As it has taken 0ne month UPS store guys couldn't re-print that label

Originally posted by Andrea Tsoi View Post
            I submitted in person on May 30th. My appointment was at 9pm. I arrived at 8:40 to line up and got out at 9:40. Btw don't even try going without an appointment. I am able to track my application via the online tool. But the last update was below

Document received from The Indian Embassy and is ready for collection. 6/6/2014 1:17:46 PM

I submitted with a pre-paid FEDEX envelope. I've been checking the tracking number and it has not been shipped back (I can tell because I have the tracking number for the label). I saw on Yelp someone in the San Francisco office has the same issues 3+ days without the visa being shipped back.

Comment

Help !!

The frustration has hit the ceiling and we do not foresee any quality and service improvement by CKGS. I somehow fail to understand why is the Indian government have such jokers like these working for them who have no sense of responsibility nor any understanding of sensitivity of our travel plans.

I have friends who have setup their business expansion in India but cannot get a Business Visa at the required time. People who want to visit their families and old parents cannot as no timely tourist visa is given or other friends who want to visit India for pilgrimage tours but can’t get a timely visa.

People prefer to go to any other country than INDIA.

What is happening???? Are we Serious or is it a JOKE ??

Does India wants tourists or businessmen for country’s growth or keep crying for money to be paid in bribe only ??????

I have taken the initiative to write to each of the below individual who HAVE TO HEAR US NOW else we will have to cancel our plans to visit India in the future with the pathetic CKGS conditions.

[email protected]
              [email protected]
              [email protected]
              [email protected]
              [email protected]
              [email protected]
              [email protected]
              [email protected]
              [email protected]
              [email protected]
              [email protected]

WE NEED ANSWERS AND THEY HAVE TO GIVE US AS THEY HAVE HIRED CKGS TO SERVE US RATHER THAN SPOIL OUR LIFE AND OUR HAPPINESS.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X