Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anybody successfully receive Indian visa from CKGS yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CKGS Passport returns

After a long wait, it appears that the Indian embassy finally approved my daughters visa and I assume the passport is with CKGS. However, looking at the posts, CKGS HAS NOT mailed a single passport back after they received them from the embassy. Based on Andrea's post, it is not certain that we will get the passport even if we show up in person (in my case, I have to take a flight to get to the NY office). It appears that the CKGS is priortizing the resources on the front end of the process (to send as many applications to the embassy) and not really looking at the back end of the process to get the documents back to the customers.

Has anyone ever received the passports back from CKGS through FedEx or other postal means?

Visa Submission date: May 28
    Application submitted by CKGS at the Indian Embassy: June 9
    Document back at CKGS: June 16.

Comment

12 days - Application still in process

I have applied at NY cox office June 2nd for my renounciation and 10 year visa and another application for my son 6 month visa. After long wait now i see that my sons application is complete and ready for collection, still mine in process. After reading comments from people i am thinking of collecting atleast my sons passport from cox before they lose it. Looks like i have to make another trip to collect mine when it is ready. My suggestion to any new applicants would be apply 6 months visa if you have plans to travel within the next month looks like they are prioritizing processing based on that.

Comment

CKGS Hell!!! "This Application Does Not Exist" - Should I drive to NY??? HELP PLEASE

I have confirmation that our applications (myself and two sons) were received by someone at CKGS on May 27th. I didn't receive a confirmation email of any kind from CKGS.

On Thursday, June 12, I received a message from the Escalations team that our photographs were not according to requirements. I immediately wrote back to ask who's pictures, but did not receive a response, so rushed out to get three new passport pictures and overnighted them to the attention of a "Ms. Sharon" as instructed.

I have confirmation that the UPS package with the photographs were received by CKGS on Monday, June 16 at 9:35 am. Of course, I have not received any confirmation from CKGS of this, but used by UPS tracking number.

I have called the call center (of which only two of the numbers listed actually work), only to be told what I find on the "Track Your Application" app on the website -- "This application does not exist."

I have sent multiple emails to both enquiries and the escalation email that originally contacted me about the pictures and have only got generic responses from enquiries, and nothing from Escalations.

I'm in Philadelphia. Should I just drive up and retrieve my passports and take them to the Consulate myself??? At this point, I'm going to have to cancel the London portion of our trip.

Comment

PIO experience

Wanted to share my experience.

Just received my sons PIO card today. here the are my details
          Applied directly to CKGS in chicago on 5/23. Mailed in the application through UPS.
          next 2+ weeks there were no updates and I did not have any tracking information either.
          Tried the numbers as well as the email option ([email protected]) but got nowhere.

At this point i was getting ready to go down to the CKGS office too and had set up an appointment.

Finally sent an email to [email protected] on 6/11 and got back a response with the tracking id the next morning.
          The status on this showed as "Your Application is submitted to the Embassy" for the next few days.

Then yesterday evening 6/17 the status changed to "Your Documents are Collected in Person". This was a little disconcerting as I had not received any updates at all.
          it turns out (according to ckgs support), since i had opted for return courier, the status is set to that value as to prevent anybody from coming in and collecting the documents.

The documents came in via fedex this morning. They should have a better indicative status on their site when they ship it out.

It definitely was not an easy experience, not really sure where things stood for a while there because we have a trip planned for next month.

Comment

Originally posted by scorpiozak View Post
            Wanted to share my experience.

Just received my sons PIO card today. here the are my details
            Applied directly to CKGS in chicago on 5/23. Mailed in the application through UPS.
            next 2+ weeks there were no updates and I did not have any tracking information either.
            Tried the numbers as well as the email option ([email protected]) but got nowhere.

At this point i was getting ready to go down to the CKGS office too and had set up an appointment.

Finally sent an email to [email protected] on 6/11 and got back a response with the tracking id the next morning.
            The status on this showed as "Your Application is submitted to the Embassy" for the next few days.

Then yesterday evening 6/17 the status changed to "Your Documents are Collected in Person". This was a little disconcerting as I had not received any updates at all.
            it turns out (according to ckgs support), since i had opted for return courier, the status is set to that value as to prevent anybody from coming in and collecting the documents.

The documents came in via fedex this morning. They should have a better indicative status on their site when they ship it out.

It definitely was not an easy experience, not really sure where things stood for a while there because we have a trip planned for next month.

Congratulations! So nice to see a positive experience after so long. I hope we see some positive experiences from NY office too.

Comment

congrats scorpiozak

I send my kid's PIO application through FedEx ( SFO ), which updated me about the delivery status as "delivered" on 2nd June.

As I didnt get any acknowledgement , was worried and made several calls , wait time is usually 45 mins . I just know fedex has delivered, but no idea on what exactly happened , has someone accepted it or its just lying around

Finally on 5th June, I received a airway bill number ( tracking Id) via email
              From 9th June , I'm seeing this message "Your application has been submitted at The Indian Embassy for further processing"

Still waiting for updates, its already 7-8 business days and the status has not changed. Keeping fingers crossed as I have to leave for India early next month.

Once I receive the PIO , it will confirm my attachments and application were proper and then I'll write down the procedure

Comment

Same date (9th), let's hope we get it by end of month

Originally posted by rksk View Post
                congrats scorpiozak

I send my kid's PIO application through FedEx ( SFO ), which updated me about the delivery status as "delivered" on 2nd June.

As I didnt get any acknowledgement , was worried and made several calls , wait time is usually 45 mins . I just know fedex has delivered, but no idea on what exactly happened , has someone accepted it or its just lying around

Finally on 5th June, I received a airway bill number ( tracking Id) via email
                From 9th June , I'm seeing this message "Your application has been submitted at The Indian Embassy for further processing"

Still waiting for updates, its already 7-8 business days and the status has not changed. Keeping fingers crossed as I have to leave for India early next month.

Once I receive the PIO , it will confirm my attachments and application were proper and then I'll write down the procedure

Comment

Experience at NYC Office for Pickup

Wanted to share a quick timeline my experience at the NYC CKGS office (in person).
                  6/5: applied in person for tourist visa for my son. Took about 90 minutes incl. wait, but all things considered it was an ok experience
                  6/12: status update that docs have been sent to embassy
                  6/16: status update that docs received back from embassy
                  6/18: I go in person to pickup. Arrive around 5pm. A line of about 40 people ahead standing on 23rd street. I learn from people that no one has been let up for this purpose yet. Doorman keeps asking people to stand to one side of the street. Around 5:45pm, 2 NYPD officers show up with one employee from ckgs. They ask people who have a pickup slip with a barcode (you get this when you apply) to form a group on one side, and those without a slip to be on another side. They take some names and passport numbers from the latter group. They go upstairs and come back around 6:15 with news (mostly that your passports are not here yet) for the people they took names down of. Meanwhile, the people with barcode slips are still waiting for any kind of instructions. Around 6:30 they announce that even though your status may have changed to say passport received back, they only have passports of people who applied through 5/31. None of the June applied passports are back yet, and they should be back on Friday or Monday . I go home at 6:45 without passport. Will go back some other day.
                  If anyone can share their pickup experience here that would be great. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by zhakas View Post
                    Same date (9th), let's hope we get it by end of month
                    Today my status got updated

6/19/2014 "Your Documents are received from The Indian Embassy"

I opted for the $15 courier service offered through their website

Initially when I tried to use the Fedex option through their website, the moment i paid $30, website refreshed itself to " The page you are looking for is not available" ( similar to this message)
                    I have been billed for it, but for me getting PIO is more important , So next day I went to fedex and did one way shipping with the money order for return service included in it

Lets see how many more days, now the remaining work is totally with CKGS. Embassy job is done if I believe

Comment

Nice to hear that.. mine hasn't updated yet, but this gives me hope.. do update when you finally receive the card..

Originally posted by rksk View Post
                      Today my status got updated

6/19/2014 "Your Documents are received from The Indian Embassy"

I opted for the $15 courier service offered through their website

Initially when I tried to use the Fedex option through their website, the moment i paid $30, website refreshed itself to " The page you are looking for is not available" ( similar to this message)
                      I have been billed for it, but for me getting PIO is more important , So next day I went to fedex and did one way shipping with the money order for return service included in it

Lets see how many more days, now the remaining work is totally with CKGS. Embassy job is done if I believe

Comment

Originally posted by zhakas View Post
                        Nice to hear that.. mine hasn't updated yet, but this gives me hope.. do update when you finally receive the card..
                        Received it today early morning ( 6/20) , a booklet attached to passport .I'm yet to see it in person, wife collected it
                        Really surprised us . I was not at all expecting it this fast

The status is shown as

Your Documents are Collected in Person 6/19/2014 3:12:25 PM ( This is because I opted for return service and ckgs collect it in person)
                        Your Documents are received from The Indian Embassy 6/19/2014 3:37:20 PM

The return service is not signed delivery but overnight one , When my wife opened the door , the packet was lying in front of the house ( not even in the mailbox )

I'll list down the whole procedure which I followed from passport to PIO

The whole stuff from day of courier till the day I received took 22 days , add 5-6 days for documentation process
                        Last edited by rksk; 06-20-2014, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Sharing for those who are wondering whether applications are being processed. I received my daughter's PIO card from CKGS SF center today.

Timeline:
                          June 5: Application received at SF
                          June 9: Tracking number received via email
                          June 9: "Your Application is submitted to the Embassy"
                          June 19: "Your Documents are received from The Indian Embassy"
                          June 19: "Your Documents are Collected in Person"
                          June 20: PIO card and passport received via Fedex (I chose the $15 courier option in the CKGS order form)

I am sorry to hear about the problems others have been facing. Hope you guys receive your travel documents soon.

Comment

Originally posted by foo View Post
                            Sharing for those who are wondering whether applications are being processed. I received my daughter's PIO card from CKGS SF center today.

Timeline:
                            June 5: Application received at SF
                            June 9: Tracking number received via email
                            June 9: "Your Application is submitted to the Embassy"
                            June 19: "Your Documents are received from The Indian Embassy"
                            June 19: "Your Documents are Collected in Person"
                            June 20: PIO card and passport received via Fedex (I chose the $15 courier option in the CKGS order form)

I am sorry to hear about the problems others have been facing. Hope you guys receive your travel documents soon.
                            Hi Foo congrats.
                            i have also sent my son's PIO application to CKGS on 10th June through UPS and it says that it is delivered to them on 13th june. but till now i did not receive any Tracking number from them.
                            I tried calling them 2-3 times but every time the person says we have lot applications pending from BLS and they might take time to enter my information into the system and to get the tracking number. i also mailed CKGS email id but no reply yet.
                            i am not sure what to do now?

Comment

Originally posted by DineshP View Post
                              Hi Foo congrats.
                              i have also sent my son's PIO application to CKGS on 10th June through UPS and it says that it is delivered to them on 13th june. but till now i did not receive any Tracking number from them.
                              I tried calling them 2-3 times but every time the person says we have lot applications pending from BLS and they might take time to enter my information into the system and to get the tracking number. i also mailed CKGS email id but no reply yet.
                              i am not sure what to do now?

UPDATE:--
                              Today i got an email from CKGS stating My tracking numberand now currently it is showing as "Your application has been submitted at The Indian Embassy for further processing."I am little relieved now.:-)

Comment

Entry Visa

YAY!!!! Entry visa is finally dispatched to me through Fedex.
                                I called the ckgs atlanta office this evening. They transfered my call to someone which was weird from all the calls which i made for the past two weeks. A very nice staff told that they dont have my return prepaid fedex so they asked me to email the same. And they dispatched the passport right away. Will update once i receive it tomorrow....

Here is my tracking

Your Documents are received from The Indian Embassy 06/13/2014
                                Your application has been submitted at The Indian Embassy for further processing. 06/11/2014
                                Your application is in process. Your tracking id is 06/08/2014

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X