Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why my I140 still pending for over 6 months almost 7months now with no decision?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why my I140 still pending for over 6 months almost 7months now with no decision?

Is it usual that the uscis take this long to adjudicate an i-140? I submitted electronically my petition I140 for alien worker in the category of a member of professions with advanced degree/exceptional ability in the national interest in 11/11/2013. I hold a phd in mechanical engineering and I have been unemployed because of this and still waiting. I Still heard nothing. I called nothing. i requested a month ago an explanation to why it is still no decision. they didn't respond. Any idea why this is? does this occur to some of your applications? this is being reviewed in the texas center. Do you think it has to do with me being from north africa("middle eastern", so maybe homeland security don't like me?) or do you think it's my previous employer as I worked for the national renewable energy lab as a postdoctoral researcher and my supervisor didn't want me for his own bias and I was laid off. I am very indignant because of this. I can't make any progress and it is hindering my career. Now I am thought of in the eyes of others that it is all my fault while in reality it is his stupidity and racism that led to this. He was upset that I was telling him how things should be done because I was better than him in rational reasoning.

Originally posted by princeofamerica View Post
    Is it usual that the uscis take this long to adjudicate an i-140? I submitted electronically my petition I140 for alien worker in the category of a member of professions with advanced degree/exceptional ability in the national interest in 11/11/2013. I hold a phd in mechanical engineering and I have been unemployed because of this and still waiting. I Still heard nothing. I called nothing. i requested a month ago an explanation to why it is still no decision. they didn't respond. Any idea why this is? does this occur to some of your applications? this is being reviewed in the texas center. Do you think it has to do with me being from north africa("middle eastern", so maybe homeland security don't like me?) or do you think it's my previous employer as I worked for the national renewable energy lab as a postdoctoral researcher and my supervisor didn't want me for his own bias and I was laid off. I am very indignant because of this. I can't make any progress and it is hindering my career. Now I am thought of in the eyes of others that it is all my fault while in reality it is his stupidity and racism that led to this. He was upset that I was telling him how things should be done because I was better than him in rational reasoning.
    It is still pending. 9 months has passed now. Why is it like this with me? Have anyone out there experienced similar delays? It is really amazing how someone with a PhD and with my credential take this long and get treated like this while others with less importance get theirs in no time. It just makes you doubt the credibility of homeland security officers.

Comment

My I 140 Pending for 9 Months

Originally posted by princeofamerica View Post
      It is still pending. 9 months has passed now. Why is it like this with me? Have anyone out there experienced similar delays? It is really amazing how someone with a PhD and with my credential take this long and get treated like this while others with less importance get theirs in no time. It just makes you doubt the credibility of homeland security officers.
      I am in the same situation as you are. My attorney filed my I 140 under EB1 EA on April 25th at NSC. So far, i haven't heard anything about it. My other friends filed EB1 C and was approved in 4 months. Not sure why this discrepancy.

Comment

Its been 7 months for me too

My case was received by USCIS on 15th April 2015. Now its almost been 7 months and i still havent heard anything.
        My lawyer filed a status request with the USCIS 2 weeks ago and he said USCIS will take about 60 days to respond.
        I want my I-140 as quickly as possible, not sure what can i do to get it now. Any guidance will help.

Thanks

Comment

My I-140 was approved in just plain 7 working days (last week) as I did Premium processing (i paid the PP fee to my employer). But my colleague sitting next me is still waiting for his I-140 result since 7 months, he did not opt for PP. So you are not alone.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X