Very upset at NVC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very upset at NVC

On May 8th, the NVC informed me that they received my case, but still haven't assigned me an NVC case number. I call once a week, and still the same response "we received your case on May 8th please allow 30 business days to be assigned a case number" .until yesterday. When I gave my receipt # for the customer rep to look up, she tells me that nothing is showing up on their computer. What has happened!? The rep tells me to email [email protected] to find out why, but i'm afraid i'll just get a response that will put me in limbo. I looked up my receipt number at the uscis case status site just to see if it was returned, but it isnt. How is that even possible that my case is not in their computers when I've received an email from [email protected] that they received my visa petition. Has this happened to anyone? has happen meaning, NVC already received your case, but after calling to follow up NVC tells you that your case is now not in their system.

No Need To Panic

There's no need to panic, NVC is backlogged because of the fast rate at which USCIS approves petition. Everything in NVC takes 30 business days to get done. 30business days to scan the files into their system, 30business days to review documents, everything is just all about 30business days to get done. Am sure you should have received a mail from NVC which will contain your Case number, IIN and BIN with instructions to fill DS-261 and how to pay for Affidavit of support. Goodlurk on your immigrant journey with NVC.

Comment

status change

My elder brother applied immigration visa at 2009 under F4 category. I got NVC case number at 2010. I know it will take more time. I want to know if I get 5 yrs multiple visit/tourists visa , is there any law by applying stay permanent basis or change visa status. I will appreciate if u give advice to me.

Comment

its Possible.

To the best of my knowledge, its a long wait for f4 category and your piority date is 2009 which means you have more time to wait before your date will be current. Changing of status from tourist to permanent stay in U.S can be quicker when you are married to a u.s citizen. Have seen lots of people who traveled to u.s on tourist or student visa and then file for adjustment of status thru marriage.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X