Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Bulletin dates

Hi,

Could someone please help me. My husband applied for my GC in February. My i-130 has been approved and priority date was March, 2014. When I looked up the visa bulletin it said September 2013. How can that be. Please explain it, as now I have no idea what to do. I am in Pakistan

Also, he got a letter saying that the NVC would contact me within 30 days, but nothing yet.

Any information would be helpful,

Thanks
    Last edited by thewife; 06-13-2014, 01:32 AM.

If your husband is a U.S. citizen, your Priority Date is not an issue, as you are "current." But the NVC is not responding particularly fast to anyone lately

Rather than 30 days, you and your husband should receive separate NVC packets within next few weeks.

--Ray B

Originally posted by thewife View Post
    Hi,

Could someone please help me. My husband applied for my GC in February. My i-130 has been approved and priority date was March, 2014. When I looked up the visa bulletin it said September 2013. How can that be. Please explain it, as now I have no idea what to do. I am in Pakistan

Also, he got a letter saying that the NVC would contact me within 30 days, but nothing yet.

Any information would be helpful,

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      If your husband is a U.S. citizen, your Priority Date is not an issue, as you are "current." But the NVC is not responding particularly fast to anyone lately

Rather than 30 days, you and your husband should receive separate NVC packets within next few weeks.

--Ray B
      Thank you for the prompt reply. My husband is a GC holder. I just don't understand why the visa bulletin said September 2013 when it's 2014?
      Last edited by thewife; 06-14-2014, 02:05 AM. Reason: missed a word

Comment

I misunderstood your earlier post in which you said your husband is a Green Card petitioner.

Your husband's status would qualify you for an F2A visa class, and current priority date for that class is now May 1, 2012. That means that your current Priority Date (March 2014) is not reachable. Although your immigrant petition has been approved, you are in line for your Priority Date to be reachable.

The September 2013 reachable Priority Date you saw on an earlier Visa Bulletin (May 2014 bulletin) has been retrogressed to May 2012.

--Ray B

Thank you for the prompt reply. My husband is a GC holder. I just don't understand why the visa bulletin said September 2013 when it's 2014?

Comment

I misunderstood your earlier post in which you said your husband is a Green Card petitioner.

Your husband's status would qualify you for an F2A visa class, and current priority date for that class is now May 1, 2012. That means that your current Priority Date (March 2014) is not reachable. Although your immigrant petition has been approved, you are in line for your Priority Date to be reachable.

The September 2013 reachable Priority Date you saw on an earlier Visa Bulletin (May 2014 bulletin) has been retrogressed to May 2012.

--Ray B

I'm really grateful for the information. Obviously I'm really dense as I still don't really understand. He got a letter from the USCIS which had the priority date (March 2014) on it. It stated that they would be getting in touch with me in 30 days, but it's been 50 so far

Would you have any idea when things may start moving?

Comment

--Ray B

I'm really grateful for the information. Obviously I'm really dense as I still don't really understand. He got a letter from the USCIS which had the priority date (March 2014) on it. It stated that they would be getting in touch with me in 30 days, but it's been 50 so far

Comment

You probably have an approximate 14-month wait before being eligible for a visa. Until just a couple of months ago, your wait would have been much less, but the status changed almost overnight with the publishing of the June U.S. State Department Visa Bulletin, showing that Prioirty Dates for certain visa classes had been retrogressed (pushed back) as much as 1 or 2 years.

You should still hear from the National Visa Center soon, but only to tell you that a visa slot is not yet available, but that you will be informed when you are closed to being processed.

--Ray B

Comment

You probably have an approximate 14-month wait before being eligible for a visa. Until just a couple of months ago, your wait would have been much less, but the status changed almost overnight with the publishing of the June U.S. State Department Visa Bulletin, showing that Prioirty Dates for certain visa classes had been retrogressed (pushed back) as much as 1 or 2 years.

You should still hear from the National Visa Center soon, but only to tell you that a visa slot is not yet available, but that you will be informed when you are closed to being processed.

--Ray B
                Thank you so much for your reply Ray. Am most grateful. A bit disheartening to know it may still take that long though. Anyway, thanks again

Comment

more info needed please

So I finally (after 3 months) get a letter from the NVC, just to say that I can't be given a visa number yet as the visa numbers have reached their limit. Does that mean I have to wait another year before the new limits are set, or is it done quarterly, bi-annually?

The letter has my case number on it. Was wondering if I need to forward the details to the lawyer. Please advise

Comment

THEWIFE,

Your priority date case will not be eligible for visa processing for about 14 months more, as I posted earlier. Your attorney was probably aware of this delay already and failed to advise you properly.

--Ray B

So I finally (after 3 months) get a letter from the NVC, just to say that I can't be given a visa number yet as the visa numbers have reached their limit. Does that mean I have to wait another year before the new limits are set, or is it done quarterly, bi-annually?

The letter has my case number on it. Was wondering if I need to forward the details to the lawyer. Please advise

Comment

ead card received, no schedule for interview yet

Hi!
                      May i ask if i should follow-up on the schedule for interiew for a green card? I have received my ead card last june 10 but i haven't received any update yet. I hope someone can enlighten me. Thank you.

Comment

If you received an EAD card for an Adjustment of Status procedure, your Adjustment interview notice will probably be sent to you in a couple of months. To quote the "Google" commercial, "no followup is necessary, everything has been done that needs to be done."

--Ray B

Originally posted by acir110 View Post
                        Hi!
                        May i ask if i should follow-up on the schedule for interiew for a green card? I have received my ead card last june 10 but i haven't received any update yet. I hope someone can enlighten me. Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X