Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K3 Visa for Spouse

Hi everyone.

Im' just looking for people who went through or like me are going through this crazy process.
    I'm French, I married Maurie who is amercian in december 2013 and they received our I 130 for immigrant visa the 28th of January 2014 and our I 129F for K3 visa for a spouse the 14th of february.
    And now it's the big waiting time. Only problem is that there is a school which wants me as a teacher for the new school year starting september.

Do you thing I can have either immigrant or K3 visa by this time. Is there any trick I can use of?
    How did it work for you? All long took the all process?

Just wanna find people to share this so stressfull experience and feel less lonely while being so far away my other half.

Thanks.

Anaelle

I applied for a K1 for my girlfriend. It look 26 weeks to the day.

The government took 20 weeks, and we took six weeks.

We married, but then left the USA. The place is not for us.

My advice is when you arrive at the POE ask the officer to read back what he or she entered into the computer. If your name is misspelled you will have problems.

Are you sure you want to teach American children? You are brave. I went to Kuwait and took a bullet, but I would never make the career choice you made.

Comment

US citizen married a foreign citizen how do i get her to the US

Hi my name is Richard,

I am a United States Citizen by birth. I completed my first Bachelors Degree at Virginia Commonwealth University. I went to Australia to study Pharmacy. While there I met my wife who was visiting from Cambodia. So she is a Cambodian citizen of Cambodia.

Okay I am in Australia on a student visa. My wife is there on my student dependent visa. We got married in Australia on December 30, 2012. I was thinking to wait until we are 2 years married before applying for a visa to the United States. I don't plan to come back until I graduate in March 2015.

Is it possible for me to apply for my wife to come to the United States with me, even though I don't have much income. I just work part time and I file my taxes in Australia and I take US student loans to pay for school. My school loans are like about $200,000 at the moment.

If I fill out my affidavid of support and it being blank as I know NO US income can I get my wife to come over? Can I get my mom to file as a co-sponsor or something.

Can someone give me an idea how to do this?

I was thinking to apply for a Permanent Resident in Australia with my Pharmacy degree..But I just miss home..been away from almost 4 years.

Is it better to wait until being 2 years married or apply any time for a visa?

Comment

Richie,

Submit an I-130 petition package for a spousal visa for your wife. It will take about 8+ months before she will be interviewed at the U.S. Embassy in Australia. Before that you will need to provide sponsorship documents. If you lack the income proof to meet the sponsorship requirements, someone else can be a joint sponsor.

-Ray B

Originally posted by richie703 View Post
        Hi my name is Richard,

I am a United States Citizen by birth. I completed my first Bachelors Degree at Virginia Commonwealth University. I went to Australia to study Pharmacy. While there I met my wife who was visiting from Cambodia. So she is a Cambodian citizen of Cambodia.

Okay I am in Australia on a student visa. My wife is there on my student dependent visa. We got married in Australia on December 30, 2012. I was thinking to wait until we are 2 years married before applying for a visa to the United States. I don't plan to come back until I graduate in March 2015.

Is it possible for me to apply for my wife to come to the United States with me, even though I don't have much income. I just work part time and I file my taxes in Australia and I take US student loans to pay for school. My school loans are like about $200,000 at the moment.

If I fill out my affidavid of support and it being blank as I know NO US income can I get my wife to come over? Can I get my mom to file as a co-sponsor or something.

Can someone give me an idea how to do this?

I was thinking to apply for a Permanent Resident in Australia with my Pharmacy degree..But I just miss home..been away from almost 4 years.

Is it better to wait until being 2 years married or apply any time for a visa?

Comment

Different date of birth in passport

Hi there
          I will apply for K-3 visa soon , among the documents needed is the birth certificate , I had my passport issued in my home land and they put a different date of birth I mean the year is different and of course the country of birth ,I lived with this passport information all my life and got married my American husband with the same data , actually I was born in another country , and I can obtain an original birth certificate there, but if I apply for the visa with my real birth certificate there will be different in year of birth and place of birth as well , and I can not ask for correcting my marriage certificate year of birth because in the country where I reside now where I got married will never ever change the date in my marriage certificate. what shall I do ? Do the US embassy will accept my real birth certificate while there is different in year of birth ?
          Amy Advise please

Comment

Kareelina,

You will be applying for a CR-1 (or IR-1 if married more than 2 years) spousal immigrant visa. K3 visas are no longer being actively supported by USCIS. If your birth cert and passport show the same birth date, a difference on your marriage certificate may be explained as a clerical error, and might be ignored. How many years is the difference in daes?

--Ray B

Originally posted by kareelina View Post
            Hi there
            I will apply for K-3 visa soon , among the documents needed is the birth certificate , I had my passport issued in my home land and they put a different date of birth I mean the year is different and of course the country of birth ,I lived with this passport information all my life and got married my American husband with the same data , actually I was born in another country , and I can obtain an original birth certificate there, but if I apply for the visa with my real birth certificate there will be different in year of birth and place of birth as well , and I can not ask for correcting my marriage certificate year of birth because in the country where I reside now where I got married will never ever change the date in my marriage certificate. what shall I do ? Do the US embassy will accept my real birth certificate while there is different in year of birth ?
            Amy Advise please

Comment

Difference in passport and birth certificate

Originally posted by rayb View Post
              Kareelina,

You will be applying for a CR-1 (or IR-1 if married more than 2 years) spousal immigrant visa. K3 visas are no longer being actively supported by USCIS. If your birth cert and passport show the same birth date, a difference on your marriage certificate may be explained as a clerical error, and might be ignored. How many years is the difference in daes?
              Hi Rayb
              --Ray B
              Thanks a lot for the reply , Yes I've been married for more than 3 years now , my passport and my marriage certificate are the same : 10/16/1966 , as I live in another country I use my passport as my ID in all my deals , the birth certificate is : 10/16/1960 , my husband already know my real age meaning I didn't deceive him he is already 16 years older than me.
              The question here : if the birth certificate is a must , will they accept my birth certificate while it is not the same as my marriage certificate or my passport. I intend to tell them the truth>
              Would you please give me more information about the CR-1 or IR-1 , I don't have a clue about it . I already applied for a B2 visiting visa to spend summer vacation with my husband there but unfortunately I was denied the visa and the VO justified that by saying my ties in US are stronger than here when I told him that my husband started the immigration process for us.

Comment

Kareelina,

Since there is a six-year difference between your birth cert and our passport/marriage cert, your passport and marriage certs are presumed to be incorrect.

If you succeed in using only your passport and marriage certs as proof of your identity for immigrant visa purposes, you might skate through, but it is not likely that your paperwork can be completed without your birth cert being involved. I can't advise on how to fix this, because it looks as if your obtained your passport with an inaccurate birth record, if a birth record was even required to get your passport. In the U.S. and Philippines, countries with which I am most familiar, this would not have been possible. For many countries of birth or for countries in which records were lost by war or fire, or in which formal birth records don't exist (like Afghanistan), this would not be an issue, as substitute documents or affidavits (or religious records) could be used.

Your husband must apply for an IR-1 spousal visa, using form I-130, with supporting documents and a submittal fee of $420, sent to USCIS, the U.S. immigration agency.

--Ray B

Originally posted by kareelina View Post
                Thanks a lot for the reply , Yes I've been married for more than 3 years now , my passport and my marriage certificate are the same : 10/16/1966 , as I live in another country I use my passport as my ID in all my deals , the birth certificate is : 10/16/1960 , my husband already know my real age meaning I didn't deceive him he is already 16 years older than me.
                The question here : if the birth certificate is a must , will they accept my birth certificate while it is not the same as my marriage certificate or my passport. I intend to tell them the truth>
                Would you please give me more information about the CR-1 or IR-1 , I don't have a clue about it . I already applied for a B2 visiting visa to spend summer vacation with my husband there but unfortunately I was denied the visa and the VO justified that by saying my ties in US are stronger than here when I told him that my husband started the immigration process for us.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X