Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with Work Address

Hi All,

I recently(2months back) moved to company B after my H1 Transfer completion in US. I am a roving employee in north east region for this company, visiting customer sites most of the time. Remaining time i work from home in philadelphia area. So when my company filing my H1B petition they gave my work location address as the nearest company office address warminster,PA. But i will report to my office headquarters in Wisconsin. Warminster office is a branch for my company, but i dont have any connection with that branch. Even i recently moved to philly from VA when i joined this company.

Now recently USCIS immigration officer visited our office in warminster, PA and checked for my details as a random check. They couldn't find me there, and my HR team gave my contact details to the officer. Today i got a call from the officer and asked my details like salary, duties,pay stubs, work location etc. i answered that iam a roving employee and will work from home and i will visit our company office in warminster as reqd. i sent all the documents like pay stubs, w2 form and passport copy to her.

1. Is this kind of visit usual or any problem with this?

2. Should i have to change my work address or can i continue like this? If i have to change, how can i do that and which address do i need to give(home address or Wisconsin address).

Please help me on these, i am really worried.

Thanks in advance.

Issue with Work Address

Seniors, pls help me on my previous question.

Comment

Originally posted by santhosh652 View Post
      Seniors, pls help me on my previous question.
      1. There have been more frequent site visits off late so not surprised.

2. Your employer and legal team would need to determine if indeed you are what is called a "peripatetic" worker.

Search and read about for "Roving" Employee and "peripatetic" in the LCA Handbook.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Issue with Work Address

Hello raghvi, Thanks for your reply. Should I have to change my US Mailing address in uscis website with AR-11 form?

Comment

I believe AR-11 pertains to residential address changes not work place address changes.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X