Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 to H1 to H4 to F1 after 6 year cap limit

Hi,

I came to US on L2 visa and after two years my employer filed a h1B for me. I lost my job after a while and so my husband's company did aCOS to H4 for me. I wanted to know if I could still study and after completing my studies, will a new employer be able to file a fresh H1b for me? By then I would have exceeded my 6 year time limit in US. Please advise.

p.s - I still am a dependent ( h4) and so since my husband's company has filed his GC, I can stay in US, but not sure if I can get a new H1b.

Originally posted by guddu2511 View Post
    Hi,

I came to US on L2 visa and after two years my employer filed a h1B for me. I lost my job after a while and so my husband's company did aCOS to H4 for me. I wanted to know if I could still study and after completing my studies, will a new employer be able to file a fresh H1b for me? By then I would have exceeded my 6 year time limit in US. Please advise.

p.s - I still am a dependent ( h4) and so since my husband's company has filed his GC, I can stay in US, but not sure if I can get a new H1b.
    6 Years limit applies only to time while you are in L1 or H1 status, time while on L2 and H4 are not included.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X