i130

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i130

My dad is us citizen and he filed I-130 for him married son ! Does he needs to file saprate for daughter in law and grand kid ?

No, Dad cannot submit separate petitions for daughter-in-law and grandson. They are included as derivative family members on his son's petition. Besides, dad has no "petitionable" relationship with daughter-in-law or grandchildren.

--Ray B

Originally posted by seemathakkar View Post
    My dad is us citizen and he filed I-130 for him married son ! Does he needs to file saprate for daughter in law and grand kid ?

Comment

i130

Thanks

Comment

i130

If dad already filed for son, can younger brother who is also us citizen, is he also can file for same person as brother

Comment

i130

If dad already filed for son, can younger brother who is also us citizen, is he also can file for same person as brother

Comment

A U.S.citizen 21 years or older, can petition a sibling. The waiting period for an available visa, however, can be 12 to 23 years, depending on the country of citizenship of the beneficiary.

--Ray B

Comment

i130

So for the same person, father and brother both can file I 130 at the same time ?

Comment

Yes, that is possible, but the father's petition will be processed much faster, either immediately if father is a U.S. citizen and child is under age 21, or longer if father is not a U.S. citizen and/or child is 21 or older.

If brother petitions sister, waiting time for an available slot is in the teens up to 23 years, depending on the sister's country of citizenship.

--Ray B

So for the same person, father and brother both can file I 130 at the same time ?

Comment

waiting

I'm a us citizen .. my husband is from India, his i130 application was approved on June 12,2014 how long will it take for him to hear from Nvc. And more importantly how long till he can join me here in USA

Comment

It will be another 4+ weeks before you hear fro the National Visa Center. IT will take you about 4 weeks to get through the National Visa Center, then another 6 weeks or so for an interview date. You might have an interview in about 12 weeks.

--Ray B

Originally posted by jeanine lal View Post
                    I'm a us citizen .. my husband is from India, his i130 application was approved on June 12,2014 how long will it take for him to hear from Nvc. And more importantly how long till he can join me here in USA

Comment

i130

12 weeks awesome, this was our second time to apply I wonder if we will have another interview..we have been married 6 years I have been to India 4 times...we were denied first time around.
                      Last edited by jeanine lal; 06-24-2014, 11:44 AM.

Comment

i130

So after interview will he be able to come,,, and is there still a chance we could be denied?
                        Last edited by jeanine lal; 06-24-2014, 11:43 AM.

Comment

l130

Comment

I 130

I recently got the I 797 back on June 5, 2014. I am a US citizen petitioning for my husband. About how long until we hear a response? Either approval or denial? Any estimates are welcome! Thanks!! 😊

Comment

If you just received the Receipt I-797, it will be about 6 months (maybe more, maybe less) before the petition is approved by USCIS, the another 4 months or so before an interview.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Pelaez8384 View Post
                              I recently got the I 797 back on June 5, 2014. I am a US citizen petitioning for my husband. About how long until we hear a response? Either approval or denial? Any estimates are welcome! Thanks!! 

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X