OPT Denial - Possible reasons??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT Denial - Possible reasons??

I graduated on 1st Feb and USCIS received all my documents on March 21st. Today (6/17) I got an update on the USCIS website saying that my OPT has been denied. I havent yet received the formal notice indiating the reason for the denial. While applying for the OPT I or my university may have made a mistake (for eg my DSO told me to put N/A istead of my social security on the social security number field in the I765) I was wondering if anyone has a guess why my OPT was denied. Can it be because of the time between my graduation and my application submission (51 days, but i talked to a few people and they said that you get 60 days to apply for OPT once you graduate) or can it be because of an error in application submission. Also will I get a denial notice if there is an error in application.
    Alos, this is my first OPT application and i haven't worked off campus nor applied for a CPT ever and i haven't worked more than 20 hours on campus.

Hi I am in the situation ...can i please have your email address.Its a bad sitation

Hi my sevis got terminated today

Originally posted by siddharthmaru View Post
    I graduated on 1st Feb and USCIS received all my documents on March 21st. Today (6/17) I got an update on the USCIS website saying that my OPT has been denied. I havent yet received the formal notice indiating the reason for the denial. While applying for the OPT I or my university may have made a mistake (for eg my DSO told me to put N/A istead of my social security on the social security number field in the I765) I was wondering if anyone has a guess why my OPT was denied. Can it be because of the time between my graduation and my application submission (51 days, but i talked to a few people and they said that you get 60 days to apply for OPT once you graduate) or can it be because of an error in application submission. Also will I get a denial notice if there is an error in application.
    Alos, this is my first OPT application and i haven't worked off campus nor applied for a CPT ever and i haven't worked more than 20 hours on campus.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X