Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same VISA Type H-1B but Different Petitioner

Hi,

I have a valid H-1B VISA and I-797 petition from my old employer (valid till 30th Nov 2015).
    I am moving to new employer now and i got the approval notice and I-797 from my new employer which is valid till May 2017.

And in the INTERVIEW WAIVER PROGRAM "DROP-BOX" Eligibility Criteria, my ans is Yes for all questions.
    But I am confused with last question -
    If I am applying for an H or L (individual) visa, my prior visa in the same classification with the same petitioner is still valid or expired within the last 12 months.

I am applying for same visa type and classification with new petitioner but my VISA is still valid with old petitioner.
    Please let me know whether i am eligible for INTERVIEW WAIVER PROGRAM "DROP-BOX" or not ?

Thanks,
    Athith

Originally posted by Athith View Post
    Hi,

I have a valid H-1B VISA and I-797 petition from my old employer (valid till 30th Nov 2015).
    I am moving to new employer now and i got the approval notice and I-797 from my new employer which is valid till May 2017.

And in the INTERVIEW WAIVER PROGRAM "DROP-BOX" Eligibility Criteria, my ans is Yes for all questions.
    But I am confused with last question -
    If I am applying for an H or L (individual) visa, my prior visa in the same classification with the same petitioner is still valid or expired within the last 12 months.

I am applying for same visa type and classification with new petitioner but my VISA is still valid with old petitioner.
    Please let me know whether i am eligible for INTERVIEW WAIVER PROGRAM "DROP-BOX" or not ?

Thanks,
    Athith
    No you are not as your petitioner has changed.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X