B2 rejected 2 yrs back need to apply for a J2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 rejected 2 yrs back need to apply for a J2

Im a doctor, while doing my m.d course in the 2nd yr applied for a B2 visa 2 yrs back , to go visit my best friend in chicago.. i had accumulated a lot of leave so decided to take a month off .. mine being a para clinical subject (don't see patients everyday) i could do that. Anyway my visa got rejected.. i was asked 3 questions..
    1.are u married? Ans- no
    2. have u ever been out of the country? ans - no , im a med student , honestly never had the time
    3. and for how long do u plan to go? about a month ,(raised eyebrows from the visa officer -with that's a long time ; i replied i have a lot of leave left.. it's the yr end plan to use it all up

Sorry we dont find you eligible-- no other documents checked or anything else asked.

Now that i think bout it the duration may have been suspicious for the visa officer. but other than that i was just so shocked by the stereotype about indian women just wanting to go to us n gt married that i left in a huff.. or so i believed at that point may have been the reason.
    I went to thailand with friends instead for 2 weeks n spent some time at home

Ironically enuf 2 yrs later im getting married to this guy in the us on a J1..
    my question is what are my chances for a j2 visa and how should i reduce the chances of another rejection

You really cannot do much about the J-2 as it is a simple case of derivative of J-1. While you could do a lot for the B2 that was denied ( with the correct presentation).

J-2 technically requires a non immigrant intent too so if both of you ( your husband and you) have concrete plans in India after
    his J-1 is over , you can present that ( job offer, business plans) to the officer, that will increase the chances.
    In reality many J-2s and F-2s are denied without any concrete reason ( for immigrant intent( 214b)). So it is officer discretion and your luck.

Comment

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
      You really cannot do much about the J-2 as it is a simple case of derivative of J-1. While you could do a lot for the B2 that was denied ( with the correct presentation).

J-2 technically requires a non immigrant intent too so if both of you ( your husband and you) have concrete plans in India after
      his J-1 is over , you can present that ( job offer, business plans) to the officer, that will increase the chances.
      In reality many J-2s and F-2s are denied without any concrete reason ( for immigrant intent( 214b)). So it is officer discretion and your luck.
      Thank you for your reply.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X