Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the chances of getting visa stamping on OPT.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the chances of getting visa stamping on OPT.

Hi all,

After coming to US, I have converted from H4 to F1 in 2013. I don't have a F1 stamping in my passport. Now I am OPT Extension which is valid till Oct 2015. I have plans to visit India some time in Oct 2014 for my sisters marriage. Could some one please advice me what documents need to be carried. And what are the chances of getting Visa?

Thanks in advance.

Student visa extension during OPT-Extension.

Hi,

I am on F1 student visa (PhD graduate) which expired few years back (in 2012). But, I have a valid I20, EAD till June 2016 and a well-paying full-time job.
    I have to travel to India for a family emergency. If I travel, I have to apply for a student visa, so that I can re-enter the country.
    Now what are all the chances that my student visa will be extended. Please advice on this.

My Lawyers are suggesting that I mayn't have any problem since I am holding a valid I20, full-time and valid EAD. But, I am little worried.

Note : Also, I haven't started the Green card process. I applied for H1B this year and it is not picked.

Thanks.,
    -Balaji

Comment

[QUOTE=saks138;417899]Hi,

Hi,

Did you travel? How was your experience?
      Is it safe to travel to India (in november 2016) with two month left before opt end date. Also, I need F1 visa stamping since I changed my status from f2 to f1 and never traveled to India after coming to us. I have valid opt (till jan 2017) and valid job, employer letter and pay slips. I need to travel to india in Nov. I will get the receipt for my stem opt but ead will take time to arrive. Is it very risky?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X