Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b lottery not selected, EAD & OPT 17 month extension expiring

Greetings,
    I am working currently on OPT extension (the 17 month extension period). I had applied for my H-1 Visa but unfortunately did not get selected in the lottery. My OPT/EAD expires January 31st 2015 and my student visa expires April 15th 2015. I wanted to know what my options are to apply for H-1 next year. I know I have to stop working once my OPT/EAD expires. If I apply on April 1st for 2015 quota of H-1b what will be the status of my stay after my student visa expires on April 15th 2015.
    My company is supportive, so I am exploring other options. Can I file for a green card based on employment? If yes how long does it take to get to the EAD stage of the processing?
    Can I enroll with another university to continue working by taking advantage of CPT. If so how does the visa extension or renewal for an F-1 visa work?
    Also my company has some branches overseas? Can I transfer my employment to that country and then apply for a business visa to work in the US. If yes when I do come to the US on a business visa can I apply for immigration while I am on that visa.
    I understand that I have asked too many questions. I hope that this community can help me gain some knowledge on the situation that I am in. I appreciate the time & effort the members of this community put in.
    Thanks & Regards,
    Salman

H1B lottery not selected, STEM OPT expiring soon

I am also in the same situation. My petition in H1B lottery for Fiscal year 2016 didn't go through and my STEM OPT is expiring on July 03, 2015. What are my options? How many days I can stay in US after my STEM will expire? I have read on USCIS's website that there is a 60 days of departure preparation period after your H1B gets rejected. Is that true in the case of STEM expiration too?

These tips can help you find what you are looking for: Check the URL (web address) for proper spelling and completeness; Use our

Thanks,
    Rajat

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X