I am employed in US on an H1B visa. I want to visit my parents in mumbai this jan-feb.However i am not able to get an appointment online through vfs site earlier than march.
I want to send my documents to my father and ask him to get an appointment for H1B visa stamping at bombay consulate. PLease guide me on what are the things i need to send to Bombay
This is what i know so far
a completed h1b questionnaire, a friend sent me the link below:
and photocopies of
2. A fully completed and signed Visa Application Form DS-156.
3. If you are a male between the age of 16 and 45, you will also need to complete Form DS-157.
4. In addition to the above forms, persons applying for F1, M1, or J1 visas need to submit a fully completed and signed application form DS-158
5. One recent (within the past six months) passport size photograph 50mmX 50mm (2" x 2") with a white or off-white background. Please click here for photo requirements.
6. A passport valid for travel for at least six months after the date of entry in to the U.S.
7. Demand drafts for each applicant, as outlined below
Has anyone here tried to get a visa stamping appointment through this process. I am confused about the actual process
please guide me on any additional points i may have missed.