Hello. We received our greencard under employment based-category. We are planning to apply for citizenship and have a few questions in this regard:
1. Looking through the document list, we need to submit only a photocopy of permanent resident card, two color photographs, and a check or money order. Is that it so?
2. My wife got her greencard with me. She was also on my application as a family member. We were married by that time. Do we need to submit an official marriage certificate with her application?
3. I will be traveling to India this December and will stay for 5 weeks? Can I apply for citizenship before I leave?
4. What happens if we get finger-printing appointment when we are out of the country?
5. How to find out the processing time for citizenship particularly at Nebraska Service Center? Another issue to consider is, how many weeks will it take to get appointment for finger-printing from Nebraska Service Center? I might be in India when I receive appointment for finger-printing
Please send your suggestions and comments about the overall process of citizenship. Any important issues/documents that we need to include to make the process faster. We will be submitting our application to INS, Nebraska Service Center.
Thanks for your help and time. Have a good week. With best wishes, Dabu1.