GC Holder working in different state than my wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC Holder working in different state than my wife

I am GC holder and have been married to my wife over 2 years. I am looking to work in a new state but wondering if my wife still live in New York and I working in Columbus will be problem when I apply to take the hold on my green card. I have two year green card and we are still happily married. I need someone assistance please. Thanks

Use your New York address for all USCIS-related correspondence. Having a different temporary work location is not unusual unless you make a big deal about it with your I-751 documentation or during the interview. If it becomes apparent to any USCIS reviewer along the way that you are physically located at a different address than your wife, you will be held to a higher level of proof and evidence of the continued legitimacy of your marital relationship. Don't "muddy the water."

--Ray B

Originally posted by ricktheruler View Post
    I am GC holder and have been married to my wife over 2 years. I am looking to work in a new state but wondering if my wife still live in New York and I working in Columbus will be problem when I apply to take the hold on my green card. I have two year green card and we are still happily married. I need someone assistance please. Thanks

Comment

immigration BIG problem

hey i am in great trouble.i came on visit visa on sep 2013 ,and then applied for extension in feb 28 . i left us on 25th april and later my extension got approved too.my question is i have to give exam in 25th nov 2014 2cs (an exam which can omly be taken in us).my husband says he is waiting for my visa number for green card.please tell me when should i go back to us and should i go with him to the the immigration officer !!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X