Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• really need help about travel document

Hey everyone,
    I sent form i-131 a month ago but unfortunately i didnt send the filling fee with it. I totally misread the instructions. I still havent received a receipt number which is normal cause i guess they just rejected it and even if they rejected my forms they didnt send my application back either. I called several times ncs and tried to mail uscis but it really does not work. Finally i made an appointment with local uscis office for talking about my questions. I dont know what to do, should i just refile my app back with the fee or wait for them to send it back ? I was supposed to leave tomorrow as i have an internship to do. Now i stuck here, doin nothing but waiting. Please if somebody has an idea about my situation just help me. I really appreciate that.

Hello,
    Here is some information directly off the instructions for filing form I-131 (which I am currently doing myself).

"Any Form I-131 that is not signed or accompanied by the correct fee(s) will be rejected with a notice that Form I-131 is deficient. You may correct the deficiency and resubmit Form I-131. An application or petition is not considered properly filed until accepted by USCIS."

So it sounds like they won't be sending back your application and just give you permission to resubmit it because it will never be filed without the fee. Whether or not you have to wait for the rejection notice from them, I'm not sure. I would say just go ahead and resubmit if it's been a few weeks or months since you filed initially, since it's very possible you just didn't receive the notice. Hope that helps!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X