Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help about my F1 status

Hi all,

This is a bit emergent as my case is unusual.

I'm on my F1 status to pursue my PhD studies here, until I was in trouble last year. My school approved my medical withdrawal last December to offer me the chance to take some rest. During the withdrawal, I was following their guidelines and trying my best to get back to school.

This June 1 is the readmission application deadline for Fall 14. I applied for that, but for some stupid reasons (late submission) they just denied my application. Now the international student officer in my university is telling me that an international student can have at most 1 full calendar year of medical withdrawal. Since when my medical withdrawal was approved in Dec 2013, that Fall 13 semester is also counted as withdrawal. So the international student officer is telling me that me F1 status in SEVIS is ending soon... (before the beginning of Fall 14 semester)

So my department is helping me now and is awarding me the Masters degree recently. The big problem is the degree has the date of last December and the international student officer thinks the school is offering me a *retroactive* degree so they are unwilling to offer me OPT. This is so embarrassing! Do you guys know if this is correct? If so, can I do anything to obtain OPT?

P.S. I've already got a great job offer

Thank y'all!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X