Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notarized documents for passport renewal

Hello friends,

My Indian passport is expiring in 6 months and I am preparing for renewal with BLS Atlanta. I live in Miami FL and I am planning to do the renewal by mail. It seems that I have to submit notarized copies of my passport, wife's passport, Marriage certificate etc. Does 'notarized' means 'Certified True copies'? Legally, Florida Notaries can 'certify' true copies but they do not sign directly on the photo copy, like it is done in India. They attach a separate sheet certifying the documents. Will this be accepted by BLS? If not, what is the alternative?

Thanks for your help

Originally posted by Greencardindian View Post
    Hello friends,

My Indian passport is expiring in 6 months and I am preparing for renewal with BLS Atlanta. I live in Miami FL and I am planning to do the renewal by mail. It seems that I have to submit notarized copies of my passport, wife's passport, Marriage certificate etc. Does 'notarized' means 'Certified True copies'? Legally, Florida Notaries can 'certify' true copies but they do not sign directly on the photo copy, like it is done in India. They attach a separate sheet certifying the documents. Will this be accepted by BLS? If not, what is the alternative?

Thanks for your help

Hey GCIndian, I am in the same situation and never thought the notary think would be such a pain here in FL.

Did you get around with this situation? Where did you get the documents notarized? Will any banks do it?

Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X