What's the next step...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the next step...

ok my wife is sponsoring her parents and brother to come to USA. and so far this is what have happened. She filed the I-130 and got approved for all three of them. Then nvc send the letter to them to do ds-261 online for choice of address and we did that. After that we paid the AOS fee which was $88 dollars and now I don't know what to do.. when I checked on ceac.state.gov website this what it says

Summary Information

To process your case, you must first pay any required fees. Then, each applicant accompanying the principal applicant to the United States will need to complete the online IV Application (form DS-260). The IV Application may be partially completed and finished later, or may be completed at one time. However, once submitted, please contact the NVC if you need to update the form.

After submitting the DS-260, mail all supporting documentation (as listed on the Documents The Applicant Must Submit web page) for each applicant to the NVC.

Once received, it will take the NVC 2 to 4 weeks to review your case. If any additional information is required after the review, the NVC will notify the applicant (or the applicant’s agent).

I can't find ds-260 form online like they saying ^ and also I can't even pay IV fee. so if anybody can help me it will be really great help...

thank you

I'm assuming that your wife petitioned her mom, dad and brother with separate I-130 forms, and that your wife is a U.S. citizen.

If your wife petitioned her brother recently, he will not be eligible for a visa for a long time. But if he is under 21, one of the parents can petition the brother soon after they arrive in the U.S.

The DS-260 is not available for completion for at least a couple of weeks after DS-261 (agent form) is submitted and the $230 visa bill is paid, and tje DS-261 should have named her as agent or someone in the U.S. as agent.

--Ray B

Originally posted by lazboyz View Post
    ok my wife is sponsoring her parents and brother to come to USA. and so far this is what have happened. She filed the I-130 and got approved for all three of them. Then nvc send the letter to them to do ds-261 online for choice of address and we did that. After that we paid the AOS fee which was $88 dollars and now I don't know what to do.. when I checked on ceac.state.gov website this what it says

Summary Information

To process your case, you must first pay any required fees. Then, each applicant accompanying the principal applicant to the United States will need to complete the online IV Application (form DS-260). The IV Application may be partially completed and finished later, or may be completed at one time. However, once submitted, please contact the NVC if you need to update the form.

After submitting the DS-260, mail all supporting documentation (as listed on the Documents The Applicant Must Submit web page) for each applicant to the NVC.

Once received, it will take the NVC 2 to 4 weeks to review your case. If any additional information is required after the review, the NVC will notify the applicant (or the applicant’s agent).

I can't find ds-260 form online like they saying ^ and also I can't even pay IV fee. so if anybody can help me it will be really great help...

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      I'm assuming that your wife petitioned her mom, dad and brother with separate I-130 forms, and that your wife is a U.S. citizen.

If your wife petitioned her brother recently, he will not be eligible for a visa for a long time. But if he is under 21, one of the parents can petition the brother soon after they arrive in the U.S.

The DS-260 is not available for completion for at least a couple of weeks after DS-261 (agent form) is submitted and the $230 visa bill is paid, and tje DS-261 should have named her as agent or someone in the U.S. as agent.

--Ray B
      yes my wife is U.S. citizen and she did file for her brother when she did for her parents last year. But my question is I did DS-261 and paid AOS fee $88 dollars on June 2nd 2014 its been a month and I haven't heard anything from NVC. And I don't know nothing about $230 dollars visa bill...when I have to pay visa bill fee and what I have to do next step. Do I have to wait or fill out DS-260 my own and send it to NVC or fill out I-864ez first.

Comment

Lazboy,

1. Download the cover page for the AOS and submit your I-864, tax return copy, W2 copies, employment verification letter and mail to the NVC.
        2. You can't fill out the DS-260 until after you pay the $230 visa bill. If the DS-261 was only completed on June 2, the $230 bill should show up in next couple of weeks. The $230 bills are showing very slow.

--Ray B

yes my wife is U.S. citizen and she did file for her brother when she did for her parents last year. But my question is I did DS-261 and paid AOS fee $88 dollars on June 2nd 2014 its been a month and I haven't heard anything from NVC. And I don't know nothing about $230 dollars visa bill...when I have to pay visa bill fee and what I have to do next step. Do I have to wait or fill out DS-260 my own and send it to NVC or fill out I-864ez first.

Comment

Lazboy,

1. Download the cover page for the AOS and submit your I-864, tax return copy, W2 copies, employment verification letter and mail to the NVC.
          2. You can't fill out the DS-260 until after you pay the $230 visa bill. If the DS-261 was only completed on June 2, the $230 bill should show up in next couple of weeks. The $230 bills are showing very slow.

--Ray B

thanks for the quick reply...my last question is on my tax returns I have my name and my wife's name too.. and my wife is sponsoring her parents and brother so do I have to fill out I-864 OR I-864EZ OR I-864A..if my wife is the only one whose sponsoring do I have to send only her w2's and pay stub or I have to send mine too..and also do I have to send employment verification letter..we work at family business..I don't know where to get it...so if I get it right...here what I have to do

1) send I-864 (depends which one) to NVC with all the documents TAX RETURNS, W2 COPIES, PAY STUB FOR LAST 6 MONTHS AND EMPLOYMENT VERIFICATION LETTER (DON'T KNOW WHERE TO GET IT)
          2) wait until they gets my I-864 and documents.
          3) wait until it shows on website and log into website and pay $230 visa bill online. is visa bill is same as IV fee.

WHAT HAPPENES AFTER ALL THIS...

one more thing do I have to follow same steps for her father and brother too..I haven't received anything from NVC about them.

thanks

Comment

Your wife can use either I-864 o I-864EZ,unless her income isn't enough, in which case she needs to use I-864 and you use I-864A.

She won't be able to sponsor her brother for several years.

After your wife pays the single $88 sponsorship processing fee, submit the DS-261 to name herself as agent, and submit the sponsorship packet for both parents separately, she will have to pay separate $230 visa bills for both parents, complete online for DS-260, and submit civil documents for each parent.

--Ray B

thanks for the quick reply...my last question is on my tax returns I have my name and my wife's name too.. and my wife is sponsoring her parents and brother so do I have to fill out I-864 OR I-864EZ OR I-864A..if my wife is the only one whose sponsoring do I have to send only her w2's and pay stub or I have to send mine too..and also do I have to send employment verification letter..we work at family business..I don't know where to get it...so if I get it right...here what I have to do

1) send I-864 (depends which one) to NVC with all the documents TAX RETURNS, W2 COPIES, PAY STUB FOR LAST 6 MONTHS AND EMPLOYMENT VERIFICATION LETTER (DON'T KNOW WHERE TO GET IT)
            2) wait until they gets my I-864 and documents.
            3) wait until it shows on website and log into website and pay $230 visa bill online. is visa bill is same as IV fee.

WHAT HAPPENES AFTER ALL THIS...

one more thing do I have to follow same steps for her father and brother too..I haven't received anything from NVC about them.

thanks

Comment

Your wife can use either I-864 o I-864EZ,unless her income isn't enough, in which case she needs to use I-864 and you use I-864A.

She won't be able to sponsor her brother for several years.

After your wife pays the single $88 sponsorship processing fee, submit the DS-261 to name herself as agent, and submit the sponsorship packet for both parents separately, she will have to pay separate $230 visa bills for both parents, complete online for DS-260, and submit civil documents for each parent.

--Ray B

thanks for the reply...my other question is, ok I will use form I-864ez and with that form I will send my TAX RETURNS FOR LAST 3 YEARS, PAY STUBS, AND W2'S IS THAT CORRECT..but my other concern is on my tax returns I have my name and my husband name too...we have joint income on tax returns. Will that be problem if send tax returns like that...but only my wife is sponsoring her parents...

other thing I want to clear is my wife dad haven't got any letter from nvc like her mom did about ds-261 (choose of address and agent). do I have to wait for that letter to come and than I can do I-864ez for her dad. or I can send it with her moms documents.

Comment

Lazboyz,

1. You only need to provide the 2013 Federal tax return copy, W2 and 1099 copies, employment verification letter.
                2. It doesn't matter if both names are on tax return, so long as your W2's and employment verification are sufficient to sponsor each person for whom you ares submitting the I-864 package.
                3. Mom's and Dad's sponsorship packages are handled separately, but can be in the same envelope. If dad's petition has been approved, wait until you have the NVC access for dad and his cover sheet for the sponsorship package, then send both sponsorship packages in the same mailing, but separately packaged.

--Ray B

thanks for the reply...my other question is, ok I will use form I-864ez and with that form I will send my TAX RETURNS FOR LAST 3 YEARS, PAY STUBS, AND W2'S IS THAT CORRECT..but my other concern is on my tax returns I have my name and my husband name too...we have joint income on tax returns. Will that be problem if send tax returns like that...but only my wife is sponsoring her parents...

other thing I want to clear is my wife dad haven't got any letter from nvc like her mom did about ds-261 (choose of address and agent). do I have to wait for that letter to come and than I can do I-864ez for her dad. or I can send it with her moms documents.

Comment

Lazboyz,

1. You only need to provide the 2013 Federal tax return copy, W2 and 1099 copies, employment verification letter.
                  2. It doesn't matter if both names are on tax return, so long as your W2's and employment verification are sufficient to sponsor each person for whom you ares submitting the I-864 package.
                  3. Mom's and Dad's sponsorship packages are handled separately, but can be in the same envelope. If dad's petition has been approved, wait until you have the NVC access for dad and his cover sheet for the sponsorship package, then send both sponsorship packages in the same mailing, but separately packaged.

--Ray B
                  few other things i want to clarify before i send this documents tomorrow.

Which year W2's i need.
                  I don't have 1099..do i need it..i don't have any other income than work.
                  And last where can i get employment verification letter. And also do i have to send pay stub too..if i do have to than for how many months pay stub i have to send.

And all this have to be copies right not original.

Thanks...

Comment

You only need 2013 copy of Federal tax return, 2013 W2 copies (or IRS transcripts of tax return history for most recent three years). IRS transcripts can be ordered online and downloaded almost immediately from: http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

You should get an employment verification letter from your employer, on letterhead, describing your employment status and compensation agreement, signed and dated with contact phone for writer. If your employer uses a third-party service, it's more trouble than necessary getting the employment verification from such services. They charge fees to provide the verifications and it's a real hassle. Many attorneys won't even consider dealing with those "verification services" contracted by employers. If it becomes too difficult to get an employment verification letter, use paystubs (if employer is identified) for most recent six months.

--Ray B

few other things i want to clarify before i send this documents tomorrow.

Which year W2's i need.
                    I don't have 1099..do i need it..i don't have any other income than work.
                    And last where can i get employment verification letter. And also do i have to send pay stub too..if i do have to than for how many months pay stub i have to send.

And all this have to be copies right not original.

Thanks...

Comment

You only need 2013 copy of Federal tax return, 2013 W2 copies (or IRS transcripts of tax return history for most recent three years). IRS transcripts can be ordered online and downloaded almost immediately from: http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

You should get an employment verification letter from your employer, on letterhead, describing your employment status and compensation agreement, signed and dated with contact phone for writer. If your employer uses a third-party service, it's more trouble than necessary getting the employment verification from such services. They charge fees to provide the verifications and it's a real hassle. Many attorneys won't even consider dealing with those "verification services" contracted by employers. If it becomes too difficult to get an employment verification letter, use paystubs (if employer is identified) for most recent six months.

--Ray B
                      thanks ray for clarifying it...

Comment

one last question...how the fees works..do I need to send any money order or bank check with this or I have to wait until NVC sends me the invoice or do I have to pay online when see it....and anybody know which address I have to send the I-864ez... here what I am sending.

I-864
                        last three years joint tax returns
                        last 6 months pay stubs of my wife only
                        W2's of my wife only for years 2012,2013

is this good enough...

thanks...

Comment

Lazboyz,

As I told you in an earlier post, you only need he 2013 tax return copy (not last 3 years). You should include the 2013 W2, employment verification letter (or 6 months of paystubs).

Follow the NVC instructions and pay the two fees ($88 and $230) online to the NVC from your checking account.

You send the I-864 sponsorship documents to the address on the conver page you download after paying the $88 fee (NVC in New Hampshire). YOU MUST USE THE COVER PAGE THAT YOU CAN DOWNLOAD AFTER PAYING THE FEE.

--Ray B

one last question...how the fees works..do I need to send any money order or bank check with this or I have to wait until NVC sends me the invoice or do I have to pay online when see it....and anybody know which address I have to send the I-864ez... here what I am sending.

I-864
                          last three years joint tax returns
                          last 6 months pay stubs of my wife only
                          W2's of my wife only for years 2012,2013

is this good enough...

thanks...

Comment

Lazboyz,

As I told you in an earlier post, you only need he 2013 tax return copy (not last 3 years). You should include the 2013 W2, employment verification letter (or 6 months of paystubs).

Follow the NVC instructions and pay the two fees ($88 and $230) online to the NVC from your checking account.

You send the I-864 sponsorship documents to the address on the conver page you download after paying the $88 fee (NVC in New Hampshire). YOU MUST USE THE COVER PAGE THAT YOU CAN DOWNLOAD AFTER PAYING THE FEE.

--Ray B

ok thanks bud again...but I still can't see $230 dollar fee. I already paid $88. is there something wrong am I doing...

thanks...

Comment

You can't pay the $230 fee until after they record your DS-161 (agent) form, about 2-3 weeks after that.

--Ray B

ok thanks bud again...but I still can't see $230 dollar fee. I already paid $88. is there something wrong am I doing...

thanks...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X