Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On Green Card..Can I be in india for 5 months 18 days at a time ?URGENT PLEASE HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Green Card..Can I be in india for 5 months 18 days at a time ?URGENT PLEASE HELP!!

Hai,
    I am new member to these forums. I am on green card and planning to go to India with my baby (U.S citizen) on october 14th 2014 and returning back on March 31st 2015 - which is a total of 169 days ( 5 months and 18 days ).Can i stay in india for 5 months 18 days at a time ? will there be any problem while returning at Port of Entry?Please help with the information if anyone have any idea .Its very urgent for me .

Satya

Originally posted by Satyas11 View Post
    Hai,
    I am new member to these forums. I am on green card and planning to go to India with my baby (U.S citizen) on october 14th 2014 and returning back on March 31st 2015 - which is a total of 169 days ( 5 months and 18 days ).Can i stay in india for 5 months 18 days at a time ? will there be any problem while returning at Port of Entry?Please help with the information if anyone have any idea .Its very urgent for me .

Satya
    Also will this gap of 5 months 18 days effect the continuous residence required for naturalization?

Comment

Yes, you may stay in India for up to one year at a time without it becoming a problem. If you leave for more than a year continuously, they assume you have abandoned your residency in the U.S. However, you can apply for a re-entry permit if you ever have to leave for more than a year, which will allow you to leave for up to two years without them questioning your commitment to the U.S. Leaving for five months will not affect your eligibility for naturalization, only if you leave for over a year (including when you have a re-entry permit which allows you to do so). Hope that helps!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X