Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 date changed on applying K-3

Hello All,

This is Mr. HAQ from Karachi, Pakistan. My wife an American citizen applied for I-130 in May 2014, she got the NOA-1 on 25th May 2014, where as it was mentioned Notice Date 21 May 2014 & Priority Date 19th May 2014 with Receipt number also mentioned of LIN......

On 27th May 2014 she applied for K-3 as well, she received Receipt letter on 19th June 2014, whereas it was mentioned Notice Date June 16 2014 & Received Date June 09 2014 with Receipt number mentioned of LIN.......( BUT CHANGED).

Now when we check online our case status it is showing this below message on both of our Receipt Numbers (I-130 & 129F respectively)

"On June 19, 2014, your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I130 or I-129F, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance."

Anyone have any idea about this? as it seems to us there is some mistake, also could you please give us a rough idea that how long this will take to process.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Regards,

It sounds like the I-129F (K3) was given a priority date of June 19, but you I-130 was not affected at all.

It is not likely that the K2 procedure will go forward, though the I-129F petition is usually approved at same time as the I-130. the I-130 is then forwarded to the National Visa Center for about 6+ weeks of processing, then to your Consulate.

Barring any delays due to extra security screening of you at the U.S. Consulate, the whole process will probably take 8-12 months.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Haq View Post
    Hello All,

This is Mr. HAQ from Karachi, Pakistan. My wife an American citizen applied for I-130 in May 2014, she got the NOA-1 on 25th May 2014, where as it was mentioned Notice Date 21 May 2014 & Priority Date 19th May 2014 with Receipt number also mentioned of LIN......

On 27th May 2014 she applied for K-3 as well, she received Receipt letter on 19th June 2014, whereas it was mentioned Notice Date June 16 2014 & Received Date June 09 2014 with Receipt number mentioned of LIN.......( BUT CHANGED).

Now when we check online our case status it is showing this below message on both of our Receipt Numbers (I-130 & 129F respectively)

"On June 19, 2014, your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I130 or I-129F, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance."

Anyone have any idea about this? as it seems to us there is some mistake, also could you please give us a rough idea that how long this will take to process.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Comment

Thanks for your help Ray and such a quick response.

Could you please inform that from when it will take 8-12 months, the date of I-130 which is 19th May 2014 or I-129F which is 16th June 2014? Also how long USCIS & NVC is taking to process the case, as per my knowledge the US embassy is taking around max 2-3 months after receiving case from NVC.

Thanks & regards

Comment

Haq,

An interview at most consulates is 8-12 months from when your I-130 was submitted. Forget about the K3 paperwork, as it is not being actively used by USCIS any more in favor of I-130 processing alone.

--Ray B

Thanks for your help Ray and such a quick response.

Could you please inform that from when it will take 8-12 months, the date of I-130 which is 19th May 2014 or I-129F which is 16th June 2014? Also how long USCIS & NVC is taking to process the case, as per my knowledge the US embassy is taking around max 2-3 months after receiving case from NVC.

Thanks & regards

Comment

Hi Mr. ray,

As discussed earlier, my wife received NOA 1 for I-130 dated May 19, 2014 and till today she didn't receive any response from USCIS, as it is mentioned on time frame of Nebraska Service Centre the average is 5 months, could you kindly give you views that how much more time they will take. Also she has applied for K-3 and she received its NOA-1 on 16th June 2014.

The message it shows on website for progress of case is as follows:

On June 19, 2014, your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please check our website for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance.

Please help

Comment

Hag,

If your wife received an NOA-1 for an I-130 submitted in mid-May, you are still well within the timeframe of normal I-130 processing. The K3 submittal is not likely to be of any use to you at all, since USCIS generally ignores K3 processing once the I-130 is approved.

In the last year I have submitted I-130's that were subsequently approved in timeframes of one month and 11 months, 6 months was about average.

--Ray B

Comment

Hi, Ray

Sorry to disturb you again and again, as you are aware that my case is under process in USCIS and their average time periods of 5 months is going to finish in next few days, my question is what is the process after approval from USCIS also could you please inform me the average time frame each process after USCIS approval takes.

Thanks for your help, hope to get an urgent response and sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards,
              Atir

Comment

Atir,

After approval of one's I-130, the subsequent National Visa Center processing period can be about 3 months, since that Agency's processing is very slow of late. Upon completion of the NVC review, and when an Embassy interview slot is available, you should receive an Embassy interview appointment packet with an interview date of about 6 weeks later.

--Ray B

Hi, Ray

Sorry to disturb you again and again, as you are aware that my case is under process in USCIS and their average time periods of 5 months is going to finish in next few days, my question is what is the process after approval from USCIS also could you please inform me the average time frame each process after USCIS approval takes.

Thanks for your help, hope to get an urgent response and sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards,
                Atir

Comment

Hi Ray,

Hope you are fine, Boss good news we got USCIS approval (NOA2) on November 3 2014, even though we haven't received letter yet just saw on website. So my question is could you please inform me the detailed procedure with expected time it takes to complete for all the steps remaining.

Boss your help will be much appreciated.

Regards,
                  Atir

Comment

You or your wife should next receive a letter from the National Visa Center billing your for $120, Sponsorship processing, and asking you to complete form DS-261, for an Agent notification to the NVC.

The remaining process, through the NVC, and until an Embassy interview date should be about 3-4 months.

--Ray B

Hi Ray,

Hope you are fine, Boss good news we got USCIS approval (NOA2) on November 3 2014, even though we haven't received letter yet just saw on website. So my question is could you please inform me the detailed procedure with expected time it takes to complete for all the steps remaining.

Boss your help will be much appreciated.

Regards,
                    Atir

Comment

Change the address related to I-130

My wife is US National. She submitted petition I-130 the case is going to process in NSC. On 17th July, The Alien Registration number was changed. Two weeks ago I checked the status on USCIS Website it shows "On July 17, 2014, your address was changed relating to the I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN that you filed."
                      I did nothing with my case. How the address changed??i got confused.
                      Please help.
                      Last edited by Abdul Shakoor; 11-07-2014, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Hi Ray,

Hope you are well brov, Just to let you know that on USCIS website it is mentioned that they have sent the documents to NVC on November 6, 2014.

Now after how many days you recommend to contact them about case number, also do you recommend calling them a few times regarding the case or they get irritated or push our case backwards?

Also, have you got any news that they are taking longer time or are processing in normal time frame, i am asking to many questions as i have to setup all they stuff over here in my country and with my job ( as i am working in a key position in company in finance department) also i have to look for job over there so a clear time frame (or approx.) will help me alot in sorting out the matters.

Your help is much appreciated.

Regards,
                        Atir

Originally posted by rayb View Post
                        You or your wife should next receive a letter from the National Visa Center billing your for $120, Sponsorship processing, and asking you to complete form DS-261, for an Agent notification to the NVC.

The remaining process, through the NVC, and until an Embassy interview date should be about 3-4 months.

--Ray B

Comment

Atir,

It's too early to try to extract a State Department number from the NVC. If you talk to anyone there, they'll tell you to give them at least 30 days.

Still, it probably doesn't hurt to call them once a week, as you might get the case number assignment, though it won't do you any good until you also have the Invoice ID Number, which will allow you to go to the NVC payment page where you will pay the two bills, download cover pages, and complete the DS-260 form.

NVC processing time still remains incredibly slow and unpredictable, compared to years past. I have several packages there or recently completed, and they have averaged about 3 months each at the NVC.

--Ray B

Hi Ray,

Hope you are well brov, Just to let you know that on USCIS website it is mentioned that they have sent the documents to NVC on November 6, 2014.

Now after how many days you recommend to contact them about case number, also do you recommend calling them a few times regarding the case or they get irritated or push our case backwards?

Also, have you got any news that they are taking longer time or are processing in normal time frame, i am asking to many questions as i have to setup all they stuff over here in my country and with my job ( as i am working in a key position in company in finance department) also i have to look for job over there so a clear time frame (or approx.) will help me alot in sorting out the matters.

Your help is much appreciated.

Regards,
                          Atir

Comment

Dear Ray,

Thanks brov, so I should ask my wife to call them after 2 weeks, and ask for both case number and Invoice ID number, also do we have to pay the payments of two bills together and fill out DS-260 at the same time or is there any step wise things, could you please let me know if there is any step wise thing with average time in each step.

Brov I know I am asking too many questions but seriously me and my wife are really frustrated with this lengthy process as we need to sort out too many stuff, mainly I have to start looking for job over there.

Brov a thorough reply will be much appreciated,

Regards,
                            Atir

Originally posted by rayb View Post
                            Atir,

It's too early to try to extract a State Department number from the NVC. If you talk to anyone there, they'll tell you to give them at least 30 days.

Still, it probably doesn't hurt to call them once a week, as you might get the case number assignment, though it won't do you any good until you also have the Invoice ID Number, which will allow you to go to the NVC payment page where you will pay the two bills, download cover pages, and complete the DS-260 form.

NVC processing time still remains incredibly slow and unpredictable, compared to years past. I have several packages there or recently completed, and they have averaged about 3 months each at the NVC.

--Ray B

Comment

The two bills ($120 and $325) are staggered, with the $325 bill not coming until the DS-261 (Agent form) has been submitted to the NVC.

Having experienced much frustration with the NVC, coupled with disgruntled clients, the best advice I can give is to move quickly and correctly with each NVC step as it comes up. Make sure your I-864 (sponsorship) packet is done correctly the first time (have a third party review it before submitting), and get your civil documents prepared in advance.

--Ray B

Dear Ray,

Thanks brov, so I should ask my wife to call them after 2 weeks, and ask for both case number and Invoice ID number, also do we have to pay the payments of two bills together and fill out DS-260 at the same time or is there any step wise things, could you please let me know if there is any step wise thing with average time in each step.

Brov I know I am asking too many questions but seriously me and my wife are really frustrated with this lengthy process as we need to sort out too many stuff, mainly I have to start looking for job over there.

Brov a thorough reply will be much appreciated,

Regards,
                              Atir

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X