Got petition approval letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got petition approval letter

My mother (usa passport holder) apply at 27th Nov 2013 for me and my bother for going usa , currently we both stay at Bangladesh. Me and my both are unmarried under 21. My mother (usa passport holder ) got the approval letter of petition on 1st may 2014 and it's 9th of July 2014 today we still did not got any letter rather than approval. When will we get our next latter and how long will it now take to face the interview at Bangladesh?
    I am really worried about this and will be very thank full if you reply to me.
    Thank you.

Isratalsamit,

You and your brother are being processed through separate petitions, though the two cases might remain attached for processing purposes if both petitions were submitted together at the same time.

Your visa class is "immediate priority," child under 21 petitioned by a U.S. citizen, meaning that there is no "quota slot" waiting. But you are now in an unavoidable wait for the National Visa Center (NVC) step, which usually starts about 6 weeks after USCIS approved your petition, with a letter to you. Since I suspect postal mail to you in Bangladesh may have delivery or timeliness problems, your mother should call the NVC and ask status, giving them your names, birthdates (so they know who she is), and USCIS receipt number. Tell your mother to call the NVC, stateside, at: (603) 334-0700

--Ray B

Originally posted by isratalsamit View Post
    My mother (usa passport holder) apply at 27th Nov 2013 for me and my bother for going usa , currently we both stay at Bangladesh. Me and my both are unmarried under 21. My mother (usa passport holder ) got the approval letter of petition on 1st may 2014 and it's 9th of July 2014 today we still did not got any letter rather than approval. When will we get our next latter and how long will it now take to face the interview at Bangladesh?
    I am really worried about this and will be very thank full if you reply to me.
    Thank you.

Comment

Thank you a lot for giving me the informations, I am really thank full to you.
      I have one more question, how long will it take for me and my brother to face the interview at Bangladesh after after getting the approval latter of petition from USCIS. Btw, we already got our petition latter and now how long will it take to face the interview at Bangladesh.
      Thank you.

Comment

Normally, "immediate priority" status applicants (children under 21 of U.S. citizen parents) can expect the National Visa Center step to take about 6 weeks with a later delay of about 6 weeks before actual Consulate interview, about 12 weeks total (or longer).

--Ray B

Thank you a lot for giving me the informations, I am really thank full to you.
        I have one more question, how long will it take for me and my brother to face the interview at Bangladesh after after getting the approval latter of petition from USCIS. Btw, we already got our petition latter and now how long will it take to face the interview at Bangladesh.
        Thank you.

Comment

Thank you again for the quick reply.
          If all my papers is okay then if it take longer than 12 weeks then how much longer time will it take, for example 18 weeks max or will it take even more time than 18 weeks ?

Comment

Isratalsamit,

The waiting time for an interview at the Bangladesh Embassy depends on their available interview dates and any special requirements they give you. I can't offer any more of an estimate except to say that the NVC must first wait for an available interview date slot, which is usually 4-12 weeks later. If there are any problems during your required medical exam (suspicion of TB; suspicion of illegal drug use; signs of mental confusion or self-abuse), delays could be longer.

--Ray B

Thank you again for the quick reply.
            If all my papers is okay then if it take longer than 12 weeks then how much longer time will it take, for example 18 weeks max or will it take even more time than 18 weeks ?

Comment

Thank you again for the last reply.
              So did you meant in your last reply that after getting the petition approval latter it will take 4 to 12 weeks to face to the interview here at Bangladesh, right ? In case if it takes longer time than 12 week then what's the length of time for to face interview after getting petition approval latter for unmarried under 21 child of us passport holder .
              Thank you.

Comment

I probably wasn't very clear.

1. After approval letter from USCIS, the NVC step begins about 6 weeks later, and that takes about 6 weeks or more to submit two fees ($88 and $230), agent form, civil documents and DS-260 online form.

2. After about 6+ weeks at the NVC, an appontment package is sent to you, for a Bangladesh Embassy appontment about 6 weeks later.

There are too many variables in the three major steps (USCIS, NVC, Embassy) to accurately predict when you can expect your visa. Of the immediate priority immigrant packages I have done in the last year for Philippines, Afghanistan and Pakistan, timeframes have been between 6 and 13 months.

No matter how much you analyze, one can't predict delaying factors, and it's only guesswork.

--Ray B

Thank you again for the last reply.
                So did you meant in your last reply that after getting the petition approval latter it will take 4 to 12 weeks to face to the interview here at Bangladesh, right ? In case if it takes longer time than 12 week then what's the length of time for to face interview after getting petition approval latter for unmarried under 21 child of us passport holder .
                Thank you.

Comment

My mother is an usa passport holder and she applied for me and my brother for going usa at 27 Nov 2013 , we both are under 21 unmarried. On 1st June my mother got approval letter from IRS. What's IRS and what the next letter my will get and when ?
                  Thank you

Comment

I think you are mistaken. IRS is our "tax" agency, and has nothing to do with immigration. I think you meant to say that your mother received approvals for the petitions she had submitted from USCIS, our immigration agency. The next step will be processing at the National Visa Center (NVC), which will require payment of two fees ($88 and $230) for each of you, followed by submittal of sponsorship and civil documents to the NVC.

--Ray B

My mother is an usa passport holder and she applied for me and my brother for going usa at 27 Nov 2013 , we both are under 21 unmarried. On 1st June my mother got approval letter from IRS. What's IRS and what the next letter my will get and when ?
                    Thank you

Comment

Thank you too much for the last reply.
                      It's been 7 weeks since we got our petition approve letter yet we will not got anymore letter I am really extremely worried about this matter.
                      Pls tell me how much more time will it take to get the next letter?
                      I really need to know this answer , pls tell me the hight time that usually take to get the next letter after petition approve letter.

Comment

The next documents you and/or your mother should have received is correspondence from the National Visa Center, about 4-6 weeks after USCIS approval. Your mother should call the National Visa Center at: (603) 334-0700 and give them the receipt numbers, your names and birthdates, and ask for status of your cases.

--Ray B

Thank you too much for the last reply.
                        It's been 7 weeks since we got our petition approve letter yet we will not got anymore letter I am really extremely worried about this matter.
                        Pls tell me how much more time will it take to get the next letter?
                        I really need to know this answer , pls tell me the hight time that usually take to get the next letter after petition approve letter.

Comment

Thank you for your past reply.
                          But it's been 7 weeks since we got our petition approval letter yet we did not got any more letter. Pls tell me that's the highest time taken to get the next letter later petition approval letter?
                          I really need to know this feeling extremely worried about this matter.
                          Thank you

Comment

Please read my last message to you and you or your mother should call the NVC at (603) 334-0700.

--Ray B

Thank you for your past reply.
                            But it's been 7 weeks since we got our petition approval letter yet we did not got any more letter. Pls tell me that's the highest time taken to get the next letter later petition approval letter?
                            I really need to know this feeling extremely worried about this matter.
                            Thank you

Comment

Thank you so much for your last reply.
                              By getting your last reply I got to know that we should call NVC yet I just want to know that's the height time taken to get the next letter after petition approval letter from USCIS.
                              Thank you .

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X