Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 approved. Now what?

Thanks for your help.

Background: James (me), British & the intended immigrant. Danielle (my wife) is USC & petitioner.

We have just had our I-130 approved on the USCIS web page (whoop whoop). This is what it says on the website.

"On July 8, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283".

Now what? Who exactly gets something mailed to them, is it the petitioner or intended immigrant that receives something in the mail? & is it the NOA2 that is being mailed to us?

How long before the NVC will start to ask for us to take action?

Tried to find info on the web but theres nothing out there that gives clear & precise step by step. Any guidance on what we can expect next will help.

Cheers,
    James

In about 4 weeks you should receive correspondence from the National Visa Center, giving you the State Department Case number and invoice ID and access to your NVC payment page, where you can pay the $88 sponsorship fee bill and name an agent for the NVC to contact directly. Name your wife or someone in the U.S. as agent, rather than yourself in the U.K. After the $88 bill is paid, your wife may download the AOS cover page and submit the sponsorship documents.

After the DS-261, Agent form is completed, a couple of weeks later a billl for $230 will arrive and be payable onlilne to the NVC. After the $230 is receipted, you can complete the online application form, DS-260 and submit the required civil documents with the CMR cover page.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Jammydodger View Post
    Thanks for your help.

Background: James (me), British & the intended immigrant. Danielle (my wife) is USC & petitioner.

We have just had our I-130 approved on the USCIS web page (whoop whoop). This is what it says on the website.

"On July 8, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283".

Now what? Who exactly gets something mailed to them, is it the petitioner or intended immigrant that receives something in the mail? & is it the NOA2 that is being mailed to us?

How long before the NVC will start to ask for us to take action?

Tried to find info on the web but theres nothing out there that gives clear & precise step by step. Any guidance on what we can expect next will help.

Cheers,
    James

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      In about 4 weeks you should receive correspondence from the National Visa Center, giving you the State Department Case number and invoice ID and access to your NVC payment page, where you can pay the $88 sponsorship fee bill and name an agent for the NVC to contact directly. Name your wife or someone in the U.S. as agent, rather than yourself in the U.K. After the $88 bill is paid, your wife may download the AOS cover page and submit the sponsorship documents.

After the DS-261, Agent form is completed, a couple of weeks later a billl for $230 will arrive and be payable onlilne to the NVC. After the $230 is receipted, you can complete the online application form, DS-260 and submit the required civil documents with the CMR cover page.

--Ray B
      Thanks Ray.

So, just waiting for the NVC to make a move now. I'm assuming a case number will be available straight away since we're immediate relatives? Much appreciated.

Comment

I-130 approved. Now what?

i get same notice they mailed letter for me they approved
        . now the paper in Nvc i want to ask who" s going to connect first and how long time it takes to my husband come to usa

Comment

The NVC letter will come to you. If you meet all the NVC requirements (sponsorship and civil documents) quickly, your husband could have an interview date in about 12 weeks.

--Ray B

Originally posted by besren View Post
          i get same notice they mailed letter for me they approved
          . now the paper in Nvc i want to ask who" s going to connect first and how long time it takes to my husband come to usa

Comment

NVC made contact finally

Thanks everyone. The NVC has finally sent our case number through. Run into other issues now though with paying the AOS fee. Please see my new thread, posted 08/08/14 if you can help.

Thanks again,
            James

Originally posted by rayb View Post
            The NVC letter will come to you. If you meet all the NVC requirements (sponsorship and civil documents) quickly, your husband could have an interview date in about 12 weeks.

--Ray B

Comment

thank you rayb for the help but i still wait for Nvc to answer me
              in july 7 they approved do you know how much time need to wait till the nvc answer

Comment

Besren:

For the NVC step, you must first pay the $88 and $230 fees, then send the sponsorship and civil documents to the NVC. Which of these have you done so far?

--Ray B

thank you rayb for the help but i still wait for Nvc to answer me
                in july 7 they approved do you know how much time need to wait till the nvc answer

Comment

i didn't receive any thing yet but i have to pay what ? they didn't tell me to pay

Comment

When you are contacted by the National Visa Center, a few weeks after USCIS approves your I-130 petition, you will be billed for $88, followed later by a bill for $230.

--ray B

i didn't receive any thing yet but i have to pay what ? they didn't tell me to pay

Comment

i receive later now from the nvc processing visia they only ask me to pay 88$ and what after do u know

Comment

You have to submit online form DS-261. You will then receive a bill for $230. You have to submit sponsorship documents, civil documents, and complete online form DS-260.

--Ray B

i receive later now from the nvc processing visia they only ask me to pay 88$ and what after do u know

Comment

can my sister pay the 88$ on her credit card or they not gonna accepted

Comment

form ds 261 plz i need answer

I filled out a ds 261 application but i made a mistake in filling up the application and re filled up a second one with the right information they will accept it or will it be cancelled and do i have to start over ?

Comment

No, the online NVC fees must be paid from a checking or savings account.

--Ray B

QUOTE=besren;353544]can my sister pay the 88$ on her credit card or they not gonna accepted[/QUOTE]

- - - Updated - - -

You should be able to submit a new DS-261 (agent form), and it will override the first one.

--Ray B

I filled out a ds 261 application but i made a mistake in filling up the application and re filled up a second one with the right information they will accept it or will it be cancelled and do i have to start over ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X