Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-131 Travel Document

Hello,

My fiance and I are planning to apply for AOS when she arrives USA next week via K-1 visa. I plan on submitting I-131 with I-485 since it adds no costs.

However, we currently do not have any plans to travel outside of USA in near future. Of course, that could change if we decide to take a surprise trip to Europe or Canada or elsewhere, so I plan on sending this document too.

My question is what should my application type be under Part 2? Should this be:

1A: I am a permanent resident or conditional resident of the United States, and I am applying for a reentry permit OR
    1D: I am applying for an Advanced Parole Document (APD) to allow me to return to the United States after temporary foreign travel.

Part 3 also asks bunch of questions on where/when we travel outside of USA, which we cannot answer since we don't have any plans now.

What should I do? Can anyone offer some insights?

1A obviously does not apply to you . that is for people who have green cards already and are planning long absence from US.
    1D is the correct answer.

Comment

I-131 re entry permit

hi i have a question i just recieved my biometrics appointment is there a way i can walk in early and take the finger prints.??

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X