Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pio - issues

Hi,

I have couple of concerns while filling application. i am filling it for my daughter 6 months old. i am from boson my jurisdiction is NY

1) if in order form i select i) Application for return of documents by FedEx Courier Service $15 then do not need any thing to do for fedex or courier stuff?

2) I have a Conditional Gc my wife is a citizen. In parents proof should i attached her surrender Indian passport or OCI copy of my wife.

3)in step 5 fill courier service form online while filling applicant info passport & state in personnel info by mistake i filled my name there is that any problem still it relate to my concern point one if i paid $15 still i have to do this or just i need to post my order form, additional form , PIO application form.

4) do i need to send parents authorization form also if i didn't plan any thing yet to travel India.

If somebody provide me There phone number it will be appreciable.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rpath View Post
      Hi,

I have couple of concerns while filling application. i am filling it for my daughter 6 months old. i am from boson my jurisdiction is NY

1) if in order form i select i) Application for return of documents by FedEx Courier Service $15 then do not need any thing to do for fedex or courier stuff?

2) I have a Conditional Gc my wife is a citizen. In parents proof should i attached her surrender Indian passport or OCI copy of my wife.

3)in step 5 fill courier service form online while filling applicant info passport & state in personnel info by mistake i filled my name there is that any problem still it relate to my concern point one if i paid $15 still i have to do this or just i need to post my order form, additional form , PIO application form.

4) do i need to send parents authorization form also if i didn't plan any thing yet to travel India.

Thanks
      1. I can't advice on this as I am unsure myself. Please write to CKGS - they are pretty prompt in answering emails.
      2. Send a copy of first three and last two pages of your passport + Send a copy of your wife's OCI.
      3. As far as I understand their instructions, you have to fill the courier form irrespective of what service you choose. So you have to fill another courier form with correct details - My advice is to check with CKGS.
      4. You have to send it irrespective of any travel plans.

ckgs.us is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, ckgs.us has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by rpath View Post
      Hi,

Thanks
      By the way - Why don't you apply for an OCI instead of PIO? Your daughter qualifies for OCI and it has added privileges and will be more useful.

Comment

Current processing time for PIO?

Originally posted by VandeMaataram View Post
        Just wanted to share my application experience. I mailed the application for my son's PIO via FedEx and it reached CKGS on Tue, 7/8 at 10am. Received an email with payment receipt and tracking number on Thu, 7/10 at 10am. Here is the current tracking status as of 7/10 6pm.

Application Status Date of Status Remarks
        Your application has been submitted at The Indian Embassy for further processing. 07/10/2014
        Your application is in process. Your tracking id is USAxxxxxxxxx 07/10/2014
        Your application has been received and will be submitted subject to verification. 07/10/2014

Some notes/advice:

1) Document required page on CKGS website says "two sets of all documents" required. It was not clear if it is only two sets of PIO application forms or all supporting documents. I emailed CKGS and they promptly said send two sets of all documents. Just to be safe, I mailed 2 copies of everything (all forms and supporting documents).
        2) Their website says only the third page of PIO form needs notarized, but in their email clarifying about documents above, they requested "parental authorization" and applicant's "birth certificate" also to be notarized.
        3) My city is not on the list of CKGS FedEx service, so I sent a return envelope with a shipping label I created using my FedEx online account (I used this before when I applied for my older child's PIO application with Travisa and it worked out).
        4) Though I did not use their value added courier service, their instructions and the online courier form are not intuitive. Just to be safe I filled and submitted the online courier form though I used my own modes to send the application and receive the PIO. Submitting the form submits data to them, there is no confirmation page to print and attach with the application.
        5) I advice you guys to pay with Money Order instead of paying online with credit card. I say based on experience of others on this forum, CKGS payment system does not give you a confirmation page, you will need to send your credit card statement showing the charges as proof of payment.

Waiting with my fingers crossed for the process to complete without any headaches. I will provide updates as the process progresses. Good luck with your applications.

VandeMataram!
        @VandeMaataram - Thanks to the answers in this thread. It sure helped me and believe other people visiting this thread.

For anybody else wondering what to send for spouse(on H4) proof of residence (In case the spouse does not have utility/DL/Stateidentity) - I called CKGS and they said, we can send rental agreement with both parents name on it with Marriage certificate - both notarized. I have sent these as per their advise and hoping it will get through.

Also Any updates on the current processing time? Did you receive your PIO?

I just mailed the PIO forms yesterday for my 1 month old son and and wondering what could be the turnover time.

Any others, who have applied got their cards? Please let know to this thread - it would be helpful.

Thanks,
        Raj

Comment

Originally posted by SriRaj View Post
          @VandeMaataram - Thanks to the answers in this thread. It sure helped me and believe other people visiting this thread.
          Hi Raj - I am glad the information was helpful. I haven't received it yet.

Good luck with your application!

Comment

Processing Time

I applied for PIO for my daughter @ San Francisco. Received the passport & PIO card today. Just 7 days!

Originally posted by SriRaj View Post

For anybody else wondering what to send for spouse(on H4) proof of residence (In case the spouse does not have utility/DL/Stateidentity) - I called CKGS and they said, we can send rental agreement with both parents name on it with Marriage certificate - both notarized. I have sent these as per their advise and hoping it will get through.

I just mailed the PIO forms yesterday for my 1 month old son and and wondering what could be the turnover time.

Any others, who have applied got their cards? Please let know to this thread - it would be helpful.

Thanks,
            Raj

Comment

New PIO card for Adult+Minor

I though my experience may be helpful to some in their process. All CKGS status update showed up when it happened. Email was sent to me with update for payment receipt confirmation, and when it was processed at the embassy.

Applicants:US citizen spouse + US citizen minor (same tracking number for both)
              Application received at the CKGS NY center on 7/14/2014
              Application sent to embassy on 7/ 15/2014
              Application processed 7/21/2014
              PIO card received at home 7/23/2014

Other notes:
              Sent both applications in the same package via USPS
              Followed exactly the required documents instructions on CKGS website for new PIO.
              Notarized documents: Third page of minor's application (both application), Marriage license, Letter stating marriage status.
              (I had the above documents notarized for the second set/copy of the application as well.)
              Pasted photo on each application.

Comment

Processing

May be useful to share:

Sent two copies of all documents per CKGS website
                Notarized only two sets of PIO application only
                Sent four pictures plus on 2 PIO application. Received all 4 pictures back.

Originally posted by jsk11 View Post
                I applied for PIO for my daughter @ San Francisco. Received the passport & PIO card today. Just 7 days!

Comment

Originally posted by navidad View Post
                  I though my experience may be helpful to some in their process. All CKGS status update showed up when it happened. Email was sent to me with update for payment receipt confirmation, and when it was processed at the embassy.

Applicants:US citizen spouse + US citizen minor (same tracking number for both)
                  Application received at the CKGS NY center on 7/14/2014
                  Application sent to embassy on 7/ 15/2014
                  Application processed 7/21/2014
                  PIO card received at home 7/23/2014

Other notes:
                  Sent both applications in the same package via USPS
                  Followed exactly the required documents instructions on CKGS website for new PIO.
                  Notarized documents: Third page of minor's application (both application), Marriage license, Letter stating marriage status.
                  (I had the above documents notarized for the second set/copy of the application as well.)
                  Pasted photo on each application.
                  @navidad - Thanks for the updates. Good to have an idea about the processing time in NY. Looks like it took less than 10 business days!! I have not received any updates so far on my application. Documents reached CKGS NY on 22nd 10am. Will keep updated.

-Raj

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by jsk11 View Post
                  @jsk11 - Thanks jsk11. Hopefully everybody gets their PIO without delays

-Raj

Comment

Hello,

Can you please confirm which all Application Pages needs to be Signed by parents and Notarized for "PIO-Minor" application.

Thanks.

Comment

Update!!!

I received my child's PIO today. It was a smooth process. CKGS promptly sent me an email with the tracking number and updated online status in a timely manner.

07/21/2014 - Passport sent by post/courier number
                      07/18/2014 - Your application has been collected from the Embassy/Consulate and is being sorted. Your application will be ready for collection from our Application Centre within one business day.
                      07/10/2014 - Your application has been submitted at The Indian Embassy for further processing.
                      07/10/2014 - Your application is in process. Your tracking id is USANxxxxxxxx.
                      07/10/2014 - Your application has been received and will be submitted subject to verification.

Application was received by CKGS on 7/8 and they mailed it back on 7/21. Given the condition they were in a few weeks back, they have done a great job!

Comment

Originally posted by Iceman View Post
                        Hello,

Can you please confirm which all Application Pages needs to be Signed by parents and Notarized for "PIO-Minor" application.

Thanks.
                        > Please check bullet-2 in the first post in this thread for documents to be notarized.
                        > All forms mention where parents have to sign.
                        > On the order form, it is enough if father signs, all other forms both parents must sign.

Comment

Renunciation certificate query
                          Last edited by N_Patel24; 07-31-2014, 06:26 AM.

Comment

CKGSAC, NY_ Renunciation certificate.

Regarding to Renunciation certificate question or similar to PIO service questions:
                            1: Did any one include $15 fee ( item H of CKGS order form)? To me it is redundant
                            fee, it shouldn't be there if we are sending return shipping label or envelop? Any suggestions? 
                            2: Is it ok to send regular envelop wih return shipping label pasted on it or fedex or UPS envelope is needed?
                            Last edited by N_Patel24; 07-31-2014, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Vandematram, pls advise on below:
                              You said u r city was not listed, still u fill out the return form on website and also sent label. How that worked out? Was filled out return form worked out? My city is also not listed on their website.
                              Thanks,
                              Nipul☺
                              Last edited by N_Patel24; 07-31-2014, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by N_Patel24 View Post
                                Regarding to Renunciation certificate question or similar to PIO service questions:
                                1: Did any one include $15 fee ( item H of CKGS order form)? To me it is redundant
                                fee, it shouldn't be there if we are sending return shipping label or envelop? Any suggestions? 
                                2: Is it ok to send regular envelop wih return shipping label pasted on it or fedex or UPS envelope is needed?
                                1. If you are sending your own envelope with return shipping label, $15 in item-H is not required. It it optional for those who want to use CHGS return service.
                                2. Not sure. I used FedEx envelope. I guess you can use any envelope as long as it has a valid return shipping label. Make sure tracking services are available and you use a think envelope to safeguard the contents.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X