New PIO Card Application @ CKGS, NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PIO Card Application @ CKGS, NY

Just wanted to share my application experience. I mailed the application for my son's PIO via FedEx and it reached CKGS on Tue, 7/8 at 10am. Received an email with payment receipt and tracking number on Thu, 7/10 at 10am. Here is the current tracking status as of 7/10 6pm.

Application Status Date of Status Remarks
    Your application has been submitted at The Indian Embassy for further processing. 07/10/2014
    Your application is in process. Your tracking id is USAxxxxxxxxx 07/10/2014
    Your application has been received and will be submitted subject to verification. 07/10/2014

Some notes/advice:

1) Document required page on CKGS website says "two sets of all documents" required. It was not clear if it is only two sets of PIO application forms or all supporting documents. I emailed CKGS and they promptly said send two sets of all documents. Just to be safe, I mailed 2 copies of everything (all forms and supporting documents).
    2) Their website says only the third page of PIO form needs notarized, but in their email clarifying about documents above, they requested "parental authorization" and applicant's "birth certificate" also to be notarized.
    3) My city is not on the list of CKGS FedEx service, so I sent a return envelope with a shipping label I created using my FedEx online account (I used this before when I applied for my older child's PIO application with Travisa and it worked out).
    4) Though I did not use their value added courier service, their instructions and the online courier form are not intuitive. Just to be safe I filled and submitted the online courier form though I used my own modes to send the application and receive the PIO. Submitting the form submits data to them, there is no confirmation page to print and attach with the application.
    5) I advice you guys to pay with Money Order instead of paying online with credit card. I say based on experience of others on this forum, CKGS payment system does not give you a confirmation page, you will need to send your credit card statement showing the charges as proof of payment.

Waiting with my fingers crossed for the process to complete without any headaches. I will provide updates as the process progresses. Good luck with your applications.

VandeMataram!

Thanks for the details. This is really helpful.

Could you pls also help me with the questions below:

1. My city is also not listed in the online courier service. And you said " <Just to be safe I filled and submitted the online courier form though I used my own modes>". How did you fill this online courier form since your city is not listed there?

2. If I am selecting the option in the Order form PDF, to "Return my documents by fedex" by paying 15 $, still I have to send the return envelope.

3. What we have to write for place of issue for US passport

4. Is it OK to leave blank if filed is not applicable or we have to write NA

5. For Q 23 on PIO form there is only one filed to enter passport no. Can we write like FATHER: <PP No> MOTHER <PP No> OR only either mother/father details to be entered.

6. Same for Q 24 do we have to write for bother father and mother or one of them.

7. What is the photo size that you have sent.

8. On additional-particular form last page what option to select , a) As a spouse of an Indian origin person OR (b) Not as a spouse of Indian origin person. I am applying for my son , and both me and my wife are Indian citizens.

Thanks

Comment

@newuser12 (post #2)

1. When you select that you are using your own carrier, the city field is grayed out, you don't need to fill it. You only have to fill your carrier name and shipping label reference (tracking number / airway bill number etc..)
      2. If your city is not there, then you cannot use the option of "return documents by FedEx". You have to send an envelope with a prepaid shipping label. You can get one from FedEx store or you can create a FedEx online account and create a shipment and print your own label. If you have doubts send an email to CKGS, they are pretty prompt in answering questions. I got replies back within 24 hours even during weekends.
      3. USA
      4. I left all fields that are not applicable as blank. That's how I did it for my eldest and it worked out. Did the same for my youngest now.
      5. 23(a) I wrote "Both parents currently hold Indian Passports, copies enclosed. Father's passport details given below." and I provided my passport details in 23(b)-(d)
      6. 24(a) I wrote "Yes. Father's birth details below." and provided my details in 24(b0(c)
      7. They clearly state 2x2 but space is not sufficient. Don't worry, get standard 2x2 photos and stick them as is. I also enclosed 4 additional photos.
      8. Select (b). The application is for your child and it is not on the basis of his spouse.

Hope this helps...

NOTE: CKGS submitted by documents to the embassy, so the way I filled my documents should have been alright. I did the same for my eldest and I got his PIO so I repeated the same steps.

Comment

Hello,
        I am applying for a PIO for my infant daughter. Please help me with following questions

1)When signing the document, near the date are you using dd/mm/yyyy format or mm/dd/yyyy format? And near the place of signature, just the city or both state and city should be mentioned?

2) I am going to get a cashier's cheque and I am sending return shipping envelope...so i am taking the cashiers cheque for 205$(185+3**7)..is that correct?

3)In the additional particular's form, should both parents sign or just the father should be good?

4) We do not need to send original birth certificate. Only copies..right?

Thanks,
        Kishore
        Last edited by Krishna38; 07-11-2014, 01:11 PM.

Comment

@Krishna38

1) I put date in Jul xx, 2014 format and listed city and state in place
          2) If you are shipping on your own and sending your own shipping label, yes $205 is correct
          3) Form clearly states that both parents should sign. This form has to be notarized.
          4) Send only copies of birth certificate, but get them notarized.

I also responded to questions you posted on the other thread - check that out too.

Comment

PIO card questions

I am applying for my NB baby's PIO card and have following questions:

1. What is the size of the photo required? Is it stamp size or passport size(2'' x 2'')?
            2. In the CKGS Order form if you select 'Application for return of documents by Fedex courier service' do we still need to provide Return airway bill no?? or CKGS is going to take care of returning documents to the mentioned address in the form?
            3. Can some one please confirm the total amount of PIO card(Just PIO card nothing else) for minor is $220 including $15 for return of documents by fedex service?

Thanks,
            Aasha

Originally posted by VandeMaataram View Post
            Just wanted to share my application experience. I mailed the application for my son's PIO via FedEx and it reached CKGS on Tue, 7/8 at 10am. Received an email with payment receipt and tracking number on Thu, 7/10 at 10am. Here is the current tracking status as of 7/10 6pm.

Your application has been submitted at The Indian Embassy for further processing. 07/10/2014
            Your application has been received and will be submitted subject to verification. 07/10/2014

Some notes/advice:

1) Document required page on CKGS website says "two sets of all documents" required. It was not clear if it is only two sets of PIO application forms or all supporting documents. I emailed CKGS and they promptly said send two sets of all documents. Just to be safe, I mailed 2 copies of everything (all forms and supporting documents).
            2) Their website says only the third page of PIO form needs notarized, but in their email clarifying about documents above, they requested "parental authorization" and applicant's "birth certificate" also to be notarized.
            3) My city is not on the list of CKGS FedEx service, so I sent a return envelope with a shipping label I created using my FedEx online account (I used this before when I applied for my older child's PIO application with Travisa and it worked out).
            4) Though I did not use their value added courier service, their instructions and the online courier form are not intuitive. Just to be safe I filled and submitted the online courier form though I used my own modes to send the application and receive the PIO. Submitting the form submits data to them, there is no confirmation page to print and attach with the application.
            5) I advice you guys to pay with Money Order instead of paying online with credit card. I say based on experience of others on this forum, CKGS payment system does not give you a confirmation page, you will need to send your credit card statement showing the charges as proof of payment.

Waiting with my fingers crossed for the process to complete without any headaches. I will provide updates as the process progresses. Good luck with your applications.

VandeMataram!

Comment

@aashu3003

1) Documents list says stamp size, application form says 2x2 - I sent 2x2 size.
              2) I did not use that option, send an email to CKGS with your questions and they will let you know. They were pretty prompt in replying.
              3) Yes, total fees for PIO-minor card without courier service is $205, with courier service it will be $220.

Comment

@aashu3003

2) I did not use that option, send an email to CKGS with your questions and they will let you know. They were pretty prompt in replying.
                3) Yes, total fees for PIO-minor card without courier service is $205, with courier service it will be $220.
                @Vandemaataram Thanks, You doing gr8 job by sharing your experience and answering the queries in this forum. Its very tough to find this on the ckgs website.

Comment

Did you notarized both sets of PIO form? or notarized one set and sent the photocopy of notarized set?

Some notes/advice:

VandeMataram!

Comment

@jsk11 - I prepared two different PIO forms and got them notarized.

Your idea is a good one, write to CKGS and see if they would approve a photocopy of notarized PIO form.

Comment

@jsk11 - I prepared two different PIO forms and got them notarized.

Your idea is a good one, write to CKGS and see if they would approve a photocopy of notarized PIO form.
                      A photocopy of notarized copy would be ineligible because your signatures and fingerprints would then become copies and not original

Comment

Thanks. Really appreciate your answers to my questions.

@aashu3003

Comment

Originally posted by jsk11 View Post
                          Did you notarized both sets of PIO form? or notarized one set and sent the photocopy of notarized set?

Notarized both the copies of the PIO application form. Not a copy.

Comment

I have one more question.

Copy of proof of both parents current nationality and previous nationality. - Is passport or birth certificate of parents should be good enough for this?

Thanks in advance.

Some notes/advice:

VandeMataram!

Comment

Originally posted by aashu3003 View Post
                              I have one more question.

Copy of proof of both parents current nationality and previous nationality. - Is passport or birth certificate of parents should be good enough for this?

Thanks in advance.
                              If you are an Indian Citizen, Passport copies are good enough to prove your nationality. Send copies of first three and last two pages as requested in the "Documents Required" page.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X