New PIO Card Application @ CKGS, NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pio @ ckgs ny

I am kind of stuck at the final step for my infant son's new PIO card. Below is the trail of my application status and it looks like they created the shipping label yesterday. However when I checked the shipping label yesterday, it looks like they have put in wrong zip code and destination is showing up as some place in VA instead of my place in MA.

I called CKGS customer service this morning and they picked up the phone after 45 minutes of wait. They admitted the mistake and said they are escalating it to dispatch team. But other than that, there is no way to track what is going on with this escalation or correction.

I also talked to Fedex and they confirmed that the address is correct but zip code is wrong. So it is going to head to the wrong city as they said they cannot correct the zip code. The best Fedex can do is to hold it for me at their NY center and I can pick up from there.

I am thinking that it would have been better to let it reach Fedex and ask them to hold rather then calling CKGS help desk to correct it. My tickets are booked for Thursday and I think I have to visit NYC tomorrow to get this sorted out either by visiting CKGS or Fedex depending on status of package at that time.

Any other suggestions to get this sorted out in a faster/easier way?

Passport sent by post/courier number xxxxxxxxxxxx 11/24/2014
    Your application has been collected from the Embassy/Consulate and is being sorted. Your application will be ready for collection from our Application Centre within one business day. 11/21/2014
    Your application has been submitted at The Indian Embassy/Consulate for further processing. 11/06/2014
    Your application is in process. Your tracking id is USANxxxxxxxx 11/05/2014
    Your application has been received and will be submitted subject to verification. 11/05/2014

Comment

Experiences at NY CKGS - PIO minor

Hi,
      We applied for PIO for our 3 month old daughter at NY Indian consulate. We followed the checklist pdf document on the CKGS website and sent 2 copies of all application forms and 1 copy of supporting documents.

We mailed the application by Fedex. Also, we included the 15 USD for return shipping...so we did not send any return envelope/shipping label.

The process was smooth and we got the passport and PIO within 3 weeks.

Following is the timeline:

Passport sent by post/courier number YYYY YYYY XX 11/24/2014
      Your application has been collected from the Embassy/Consulate and is being sorted. Your application will be ready for collection from our Application Centre within one business day. 11/21/2014
      Your application has been submitted at The Indian Embassy/Consulate for further processing. 11/06/2014
      Your application is in process. Your tracking id is YYYY YYYY X 11/05/2014
      Your application has been received and will be submitted subject to verification. 11/05/2014

One thing we did not like is that they did not email us when there was any update in the application status. I had to email them to even get the tracking number.
      So, if there is no email from them say 4-5 days after you have mailed your application, contact them for the tracking id. They respond within a day or two via email.

Comment

pio

Hi,

yesterday i have received an update from CKGS that Your application has been collected from the Embassy/Consulate and is being sorted. Your application will be ready for collection from our Application Centre within one business day". So i guess the processing is over.
        I have created return shipment label and got it print from fredex and enclosed in the application packet itself.I am sure they have misplaced the return shipment label ,now they are asking me to scan the return shipment. Can you please guide me how to scan the label which is already created from the fedex account.Or any wayof method for CKGS to send the PIO to my home address.

thx,
        kpurna.

Comment

CKGS website- Is that working for everyone except me?

Hello,

I am not able to get any update on my application. As I try to track my application it hangs for forever. I am facing same issue since last 3 days. Help!

Comment

2 adult PIO/Renunciation + 1 minor PIO (CKGS NY)

(F)ather and (M)other, former India citizens, naturalized recently (Sep 2014) and we want to visit India with our (C)hild who never had indian passport. This means 2 renunciation + 3 PIO applications.

Let me start by saying the instructions are pretty convoluted, easily took over a week understanding and assembling everything. My advice: Start with the checklist and add in stuff not mentioned in the checklists that you pick up from the forms section of the website (eg. additional particulars form). I got lost navigating all the different branches of the instructions. I probably sent many more copies of things than would be acceptable but I just followed the instructions. In some cases that meant over 6 copies of some documents. Killed a lot of trees, ended up with a 3 lb package, but better than endless exchanges via email or driving down to NY.

Thanks to all the contributors to this forum. For future applicants, would be nice if we could collaborate on a current complete list of forms, documents, fees required for the most common use cases. I would probably start with:
            Recently naturalized former Indian Adult (PIO+Renunciation)
            Recently naturalized former Indian Minor (PIO+Renunciation)
            US Citizen Minor born to parent with Indian Passport (PIO)
            - any modifications to this if parent has PIO
            - any modifications to this if parent is applying for PIO in the same application package

My application:

Nov 17 2014 CKGS Received application (from fedex tracking)
            Nov 23 2014 (yes Sunday) Received 2 emails from CKGS with application tracking number for C and payment receipt. Did not receive any emails for F or M.
            Subject: Complete Application Received at CKGS Application Service Centre
            Subject: Payment Receipt for your Application
            Nov 23 2014 Sent email to CKGS inquiring about status of F and M applications
            Nov 25 2014 Received a very professional and complete response to my inquiry with 3 tracking numbers and summary of application details. This put me at ease. It stated that the applications had been delivered to the consulate on Nov 24.
            Dec 01 2014 Email from CKGS stating C's application was returned to CKGS with comment "Consulate Rejection : Mother has to renounce."
            Dec 01 2014 Emailed CKGS with all details and request for clarification (Mothers renunciation forms were in the application, I dont believe anything was left out).
            Dec 03 2014 Held my breath and called CKGS, on hold for less than 30 mins, very courteous rep, but did not really know enough, gave me a real scare by stating mistakenly: You cannot apply for PIO if you are a former Indian, you can only do OCI. Anyway once that was resolved, the best I could get was them contacting the consulate and asking for more detail. They might have to wait for M's renunciation to come back and then (many weeks later) submit C's PIO application. F and M's applications are still with the consulate and presumably will be processed normally.

Not very happy with this outcome obviously, probably will double processing time...

Anyone been in this position? parents and children applying for PIO together where parents need to renounce. Willing to listen to any advice including driving down to NYC.
            Last edited by pio_at_nyc; 12-03-2014, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Atlanta center progress and 10 yr visa processing

Originally posted by newuser12 View Post
              thanks for the details. This is really helpful.

Could you pls also help me with the questions below:

1. My city is also not listed in the online courier service. And you said " <just to be safe i filled and submitted the online courier form though i used my own modes>". How did you fill this online courier form since your city is not listed there?

2. If i am selecting the option in the order form pdf, to "return my documents by fedex" by paying 15 $, still i have to send the return envelope.

3. What we have to write for place of issue for us passport

4. Is it ok to leave blank if filed is not applicable or we have to write na

5. For q 23 on pio form there is only one filed to enter passport no. Can we write like father: <pp no> mother <pp no> or only either mother/father details to be entered.

6. Same for q 24 do we have to write for bother father and mother or one of them.

7. What is the photo size that you have sent.

8. On additional-particular form last page what option to select , a) as a spouse of an indian origin person or (b) not as a spouse of indian origin person. I am applying for my son , and both me and my wife are indian citizens.

Thanks

hi, just wondered if your application went through. Its seems you paperwork was pretty detailed. I do the same. Traveling to india on the 14th of jan 2015. Need to know if it is faster to go in person to atlanta with all the paperwork or better to just send it by mail.
              Had tons of back and forth mailing when i did my passport ....beginning this year it to nearly 6 months... Was very frustrating.
              Also are biometric required?

Comment

Originally posted by Shergill View Post
                hi, just wondered if your application went through. Its seems you paperwork was pretty detailed. I do the same. Traveling to india on the 14th of jan 2015. Need to know if it is faster to go in person to atlanta with all the paperwork or better to just send it by mail.
                Had tons of back and forth mailing when i did my passport ....beginning this year it to nearly 6 months... Was very frustrating.
                Also are biometric required?

I am not sure whether you will get by than. I applied in person in atlanta after driving many hours. Not sure whether it is worth it. As long as your application is fine it should ok. Are you filing for PIO adult, if so just folllow the checklist and no need to submit india address proof, parent details, birth certificate. All those are throw away documents at the courier office

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X