old I-130 form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old I-130 form

My husband who is a LPR file my petition using the I-130 old form, how was that?is the application will be invalid?what is the best thing to do?

USCIS might send the package back to your husband as "rejected," and tell him to resubmit with the correct form. Or USCIS might just go ahead and process the submitted form.

--Ray B

Originally posted by alruiz View Post
    My husband who is a LPR file my petition using the I-130 old form, how was that?is the application will be invalid?what is the best thing to do?

Comment

old I-130 form

Thank you Ray B for the reply, how about sending it to the wrong service center, instead of Arizona, he mailed it to California Service Center, do you think they will forward it to the proper USCIS service center?

Comment

When sending an immigrant petition package, anything can happen, It might get forwarded to the correct location; it might get shelved; it might get returned as rejected.

The first thing you guy needs to do is follow up with his check to see if it has been cashed.

Why did your guy fail to obtain the proper information when putting together something as important as your petition package? I can understand why he didn't want to pay an immigration attorney $2,000, but he could at least sought inexpensive or free assistance from an organization or someone with experience. If he used an expired form and sent the package to the wrong USCIS address, it is probable that he made other mistakes with the package.

--Ray B

Thank you Ray B for the reply, how about sending it to the wrong service center, instead of Arizona, he mailed it to California Service Center, do you think they will forward it to the proper USCIS service center?

Comment

old I-130 form

So we better wait for notice coming from the USCIS regarding what should we do next, right?He has attached a G-1145 form and the marriage cert as the required document, I think the address and the form are only the mistakes, hope everything willbe fine.

Comment

Your guy should also have included G-325A forms, passport-style photos, copies of both your birth certs, some proof of relationship.

--Ray B

So we better wait for notice coming from the USCIS regarding what should we do next, right?He has attached a G-1145 form and the marriage cert as the required document, I think the address and the form are only the mistakes, hope everything willbe fine.

Comment

old I-130 form

Oh I see, so the USCIS might require that as soon they have noticed it, we must prepare for these things for now..Thank you so much Ray- B..God bless

Comment

old I-130 form

Mr. Ray B, do you think we better cancelled the check and send another package since we have missed the other documents?pls reply thanks

Comment

Cancelling a check made out to " Dept of Homeland Security" is the worst thing you can do. If you stop payment on that check, then submit another package with another check, you risk the first package being found and the check being submitted for payment. If the check isn't honored, regardless of the reason you stopped payment, you will be billed for the amount, plus penalty and interest. If you are slow in paying the amount billed, the check will be turned over to a very aggressive Treasury Department collections office.

I did exactly that when USCIS went almost two months without cashing a check for a naturalization package. We submitted a second package and second check, and USCIS then found the first package and tried to cash the first check, from my business account. It cost me about $750 to to get that collection burden off my back. To make things worse, the client was denied Naturalization and threatened with deportation for not reporting a second marriage and divorce 5 years previously. It got very ugly.

--Ray B

Mr. Ray B, do you think we better cancelled the check and send another package since we have missed the other documents?pls reply thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X