Eligibility regarding K-1 visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eligibility regarding K-1 visa

Hello, I am an Indian citizen and my partner is an American citizen. We have an online relationship for the past 5 years and have never met in real.
    I have certain queries regarding the eligibility for K-1 visa.

1. We have never met in real and have no pictures of us together. Most of our conversation has been chats with backup.
    Will it be an issue to get a visa?

2. I know that there is a certain exception to the rule in case of certain circumstances. Does having a health
    issue(annuerysm) considered exception to that rule?

3. 3 years ago I landed an internship in the states and applied for a J-1 visa but was denies(no reason given).
    Will this be an issue in getting the visa?

4. On acquiring the K -1 visa and moving to states if my partner and I decide not to get married within the 90 days period,
    can I get an extension on my visa, do I have to leave the states and then apply for extension or re-apply for the visa?

5. My partner was married and is now seprated with divorce underway. Can she still be considered fiancee?

6. I am a currency trader and am financially secure, and I am to continue trading after moving to the states.
    Does my partner still has to prove that she can finacially support me?

Any and all help will be deeply appreciated
    Thank you.

Originally posted by Amrit2124 View Post
    3. 3 years ago I landed an internship in the states and applied for a J-1 visa but was denies(no reason given).
    Will this be an issue in getting the visa?

4. On acquiring the K -1 visa and moving to states if my partner and I decide not to get married within the 90 days period,
    can I get an extension on my visa, do I have to leave the states and then apply for extension or re-apply for the visa?

5. My partner was married and is now separated with divorce underway. Can she still be considered fiancee?

6. I am a currency trader and am financially secure, and I am to continue trading after moving to the states.
    Does my partner still has to prove that she can financially support me?

Thank you.
    3. Hmm, you do not know why you were denied. If it was because of problems with the law or connections with terrorism, then you will still be refused.

4. There is no extension. You get 90 days to get married and file of AOS.

5. You must submit her final divorce decree with the application.

6. Your income in India will not help. She must show the ability to support you.

Just did a K1 myself. We did marry, but we did not stay in the USA.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X