Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CKGS order form for OCI and Indian Citizenship renunciation

Hello Guys,

I am trying to apply for my OCI and Indian citizenship renunciation together at NYC. I have few questions as below. If you guys are aware of this, can you please advise.

1) In the CKGS order form, I see the below fedex courier service. I am trying to understand what this is for ? Is this for returning our application back or is this for sending the passport once it is stamped with the OCI sticker ?

"I. Application for return of documents by FedEx Courier Service"--USD 15.00

2) In the same CKGS order form, they have the below airway bill no requirement as well. I am little confused as to what this is for and what is the above for ?

"- Service Provider and Return Airway Bill No. (AWB No.): ___
    (No hand-written labels. We don’t recommend USPS without tracking) "

3) I thought they were accepting credit cards now. However the below doesnt state anything regarding the credit card. Can you please let me know if credit cards are allowed or should I take the cashier's check/Money order etc for the entire amount ?

J = Total Fees payable: H + I
    Application Payment for the total amount mentioned above in ‘I’.
    Money Order / Cashier’s Check should be in favor of "Cox & Kings Global Services USA LLC“
    Payment Details (Money order / Bank Transfer / Online Transfer / Cashier’s Check Details):

4) In the "Additional Particular's form" page 3 ( declaration page)- it says "PIO" as shown below below even though this form is applicable for OCI. I am assuming this is just a typo and shouldn't matter. Did any one notice this and did you just complete the form as it is and submit ? Just wanted to ensure I am using the correct form. Please advise.

"I am applying for a PIO card ( trike off whichever not applicable)"

5) Should we have all the copies of the documents ( like passport copies, naturalization certificate copy, Drivers license etc) attested/notarized or just submit the copies as they are ?

Your inputs are highly appreciated. thanks.

Some thoughts and more questions

sk00, regarding your questions, I'm applying for a New Adult OCI & Renunciation as well and have some questions of my own as indicated below. But I'll first attempt to respond to your questions with the caveat that I don't know some of the answers.

Regarding Qns 1 and 2, I think there is no clarity on the CKGS website whether the $15 fee is in lieu of sending the Airway bill/FedEx return envelope or whether both need to be sent. Per my understanding one would need to send two return FedEx envelopes (One for OCI and one for Renunciation).

Regarding Qn 3, the Credit card option is a rabbit hole and too many people have had their cards charged and then gotten timeouts on the website. So, my plan is to send a cashiers check instead.

Regarding Qn 4, I noticed the same typo in the wording and am assuming it is an innocent typo since the "Additional Particular's form" is needed for the OCI application as well.

Regarding Qn 5, per my understanding notarization of copies is not necessary for OCI/Renunciation applications for Adults.

Now, here are some of my own questions that would be nice to have answered. I've e-mailed CKGS as well and am awaiting their response.
    I'm going to apply for OCI and Renunciation of Indian Citizenship together, and this is just a single adult application for me.

1. Do I need to need to send two copies of all supporting documents (e.g. Passport copies, Nat. Cert etc) for each application (i.e. two copies for OCI and two more for Renunciation)?

2. Do I need to fill out just one CKGS Order Form for the OCI and Renunciation, or do they need be filled out separately? I can make copies of the same form as needed, but am asking whether I need to fill these Order forms separately from the OCI page and the Renunciation page on the CKGS website?

3. If copies of the same CKGS Order form works for both OCI & Renunciation applications, is it correct to say that I need to pay the $3 ICWF Fee and $17 CKGS Service fee only once even though I'm applying for OCI & Renunciation?

4. Do I need to pay the $15 Courier Service fee if I am sending two return envelopes with printed FedEx labels?

5. Can I make one cashiers check for OCI and Renunciation applications together, or do the checks need to be separate?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comment

Originally posted by crom View Post
      sk00, regarding your questions, I'm applying for a New Adult OCI & Renunciation as well and have some questions of my own as indicated below. But I'll first attempt to respond to your questions with the caveat that I don't know some of the answers.

Regarding Qns 1 and 2, I think there is no clarity on the CKGS website whether the $15 fee is in lieu of sending the Airway bill/FedEx return envelope or whether both need to be sent. Per my understanding one would need to send two return FedEx envelopes (One for OCI and one for Renunciation).

Regarding Qn 3, the Credit card option is a rabbit hole and too many people have had their cards charged and then gotten timeouts on the website. So, my plan is to send a cashiers check instead.

Regarding Qn 4, I noticed the same typo in the wording and am assuming it is an innocent typo since the "Additional Particular's form" is needed for the OCI application as well.

Regarding Qn 5, per my understanding notarization of copies is not necessary for OCI/Renunciation applications for Adults.

Now, here are some of my own questions that would be nice to have answered. I've e-mailed CKGS as well and am awaiting their response.
      I'm going to apply for OCI and Renunciation of Indian Citizenship together, and this is just a single adult application for me.

1. Do I need to need to send two copies of all supporting documents (e.g. Passport copies, Nat. Cert etc) for each application (i.e. two copies for OCI and two more for Renunciation)?

2. Do I need to fill out just one CKGS Order Form for the OCI and Renunciation, or do they need be filled out separately? I can make copies of the same form as needed, but am asking whether I need to fill these Order forms separately from the OCI page and the Renunciation page on the CKGS website?

3. If copies of the same CKGS Order form works for both OCI & Renunciation applications, is it correct to say that I need to pay the $3 ICWF Fee and $17 CKGS Service fee only once even though I'm applying for OCI & Renunciation?

4. Do I need to pay the $15 Courier Service fee if I am sending two return envelopes with printed FedEx labels?

5. Can I make one cashiers check for OCI and Renunciation applications together, or do the checks need to be separate?

Thanks in advance for any help.
      Thanks crom, for your response. I am applying for OCI and Renunciation together and its just for me. Infact I had the same set of questions as well and have sent an email to CKGS. I will let you know once I get the response from them. Please let me know if you got the response from them earlier.

Regarding your 2 and 3 questions, I think only one CKGS order form is sufficient which means only one set of $3 and $17 fees are sufficient . This is what I was planning to send.

Regarding #4. My guess is that if we are sending the two return fedex labels(one for OCI and one for renunciation), we don't need to pay for $15 courier service. Infact I dont even see my city in the CKGS fedex service page.

Comment

Originally posted by sk00 View Post
        Thanks crom, for your response. I am applying for OCI and Renunciation together and its just for me. Infact I had the same set of questions as well and have sent an email to CKGS. I will let you know once I get the response from them. Please let me know if you got the response from them earlier.

Regarding your 2 and 3 questions, I think only one CKGS order form is sufficient which means only one set of $3 and $17 fees are sufficient . This is what I was planning to send.

Regarding #4. My guess is that if we are sending the two return fedex labels(one for OCI and one for renunciation), we don't need to pay for $15 courier service. Infact I dont even see my city in the CKGS fedex service page.
        sk00, I got a response from CKGS - see below. I'm still a bit confused on #4 - please let me know if you hear from them as well.

Thank you for contacting Cox & Kings Global Services via Email for your OCI and Renunciation application.
        We have responded to the clarifications needed by you.

1. You will have to send two copies of all supporting documents for OCI & Renunciation respectively

2. You can fill one CKGS Order form for both services requested (OCI & Renunciation) however, you will need to mention both the amounts respectively

3. Yes; you will need to pay $3 ICWF Fee and $17 CKGS Service fee once, as you are applying for OCI & Renunciation together. However, you will have to pay for the OCI & Renunciation fees applicable

4. You will need to pay $45 in total for onward and return shipment. You can send your OCI & Renunciation application with all supporting documents in one envelope ($15) however, the return shipment will need two labels for your OCI & Renunciation application respectively ($15 X 2)

5. You can refer to the link mentioned below to get a total fee by selecting the appropriate OCI & Renunciation category. You can send the entire amount in one cheque.

OCI link: http://www.in.ckgs.us/oci.shtml

Renunciation link: http://www.in.ckgs.us/renunciation.shtml

Comment

sk00, I got a response from CKGS - see below. I'm still a bit confused on #4 - please let me know if you hear from them as well.

Thank you for contacting Cox & Kings Global Services via Email for your OCI and Renunciation application.
          We have responded to the clarifications needed by you.

1. You will have to send two copies of all supporting documents for OCI & Renunciation respectively

2. You can fill one CKGS Order form for both services requested (OCI & Renunciation) however, you will need to mention both the amounts respectively

3. Yes; you will need to pay $3 ICWF Fee and $17 CKGS Service fee once, as you are applying for OCI & Renunciation together. However, you will have to pay for the OCI & Renunciation fees applicable

4. You will need to pay $45 in total for onward and return shipment. You can send your OCI & Renunciation application with all supporting documents in one envelope ($15) however, the return shipment will need two labels for your OCI & Renunciation application respectively ($15 X 2)

5. You can refer to the link mentioned below to get a total fee by selecting the appropriate OCI & Renunciation category. You can send the entire amount in one cheque.

OCI link: http://www.in.ckgs.us/oci.shtml

Renunciation link: http://www.in.ckgs.us/renunciation.shtml

Crom-Thanks for this. Sure, once I get a reply from them, I will let you know.

Regarding #1- I am assuming that the OCI application form itself( Part A and Part B) should be only one set..Is it one set or should we make a copy of the original and send two sets( one original + one copy). ?

Regarding #4 - I am planning on dropping off personally this week and I will try to get the 2 fedex labels myself and enclose along with documents. In this case, I will not need to submit the $15 X 2 = $30. What do you think ?

Regarding the Renunciation fees:

I see the renunciation fee as 175.
          CKGS service fee with bio metrics finder printing : 17.5
          CKGS service fees with Biometrics finger printing /Facial biometrics : 18.

Should we pay these 17.5 or 18 ? Do you know ?
          Last edited by sk00; 07-15-2014, 10:07 PM.

Comment

sk00, I'm planning to send two sets of the OCI Appl form (Part A and B) and two sets of the Renunciation form, along with accompanying supporting documents for each set. And if you are applying in person then I don't think you should have to pay the $30 fee for shipping, but I can't be 100% sure - I've asked CKGS this same question as clarification. I'm unable to help you with the Biometrics fee question because that is unique to Atlanta. Good luck and hope to read your post after you are done applying in person.

Comment

Crom--Following is what I received from CKGS: You are correct on the biometrics fees being applicable for Atlanta only ( I completely missed that piece..thanks). I have taken 2 fedex shipping labels, so I will not pay the below $30.

They are saying, I need to take two CKGS order forms(one for OCI and one for Renunciation), which doesn't make sense to me as the OCI order form itself has the place holder for renunciation fees etc.

We require 2 fedex shipping label for OCI card and Renunciation for returning your passport once it is stamped with OCI U visa sticker.

For 1 fedex courier service fee is $15. For 2 will be $30.

If you are paying for return courier service online then you will receive an airway bill number. That number you will need to put on order form.

As i mentioned above you will need to send 2 fedex shipping label, and you will need to pay $30 for 2 labels.

You can make payment by credit card at our centre. Or you may carry money order or cashier's check how you wish to make payment.

You do not need to fill up anything in that declaration form where it ask about PIO information. It is not applicable for you since you are applying for OCI card.

You will need 2 ckgs order form for both application.

You will need to take only 1 copy of application form for Part A and Part B.

Comment

Had one more question---- for the copies of documents we are submitting, do we need to self attest saying these are true copies of the originals ? If this is required, all we need to do is write in every page saying " this is true copy of original " and sign ?

Comment

sk00, it is strange that they asked you to fill the Order forms separately for OCI & Renunciation, which makes no sense as you pointed out. As you can see from their response to me below, this is contradictory to what they told me. I'm simply planning to fill one Order form but make two copies each for OCI & Renunciation Applications. Regarding self-attesting, yes, I'm writing "True Copy" and signing every photocopy of an original being submitted.

Comment

I applied for my joint OCI and Renunciation Adult application on July 23, 2014. It was rec'd at CKGS SFO two days later, acknowledged and sent to the SFO Consulate on Aug 1st. The MOIA in Delhi approved the OCI by mid September, and it arrived in SFO by the first week of October. During this time, I regularly e-mailed CKGS to check on the status of my application because I had still not rec'd my Renunciation certificate & cancelled Indian Passport back. CKGS responded to one of my inquiry e-mails with their OCI matchup e-mail, so I mailed in my U.S. passport to CKGS around Oct 10th which was rec'd by them on Oct 13th. On Oct 23rd, 2014 I finally got my U.S. Passport with OCI stamp, OCI booklet, Cancelled Indian Passport and Renunciation certificate, all back together in the original pre-paid FedEx envelope I had sent them with my application in July.

It took me exactly 3 months to get my new OCI/Renunciation, and it seemed much longer because the communication from CKGS was poor and mostly worthless - I must have written to them at least 10 times and tried calling twice during these 3 months. The final e-mail I got from the CKGS representative said that they had never rec'd my U.S. passport for matchup, yet 2 days later I got my OCI stamped passport back via FedEx - go figure!

I wanted to post this to provide some information for other people who are applying for OCI and Renunciation. It is quite possible that you will receive them both back together after 10-12 weeks instead of individually in separate envelopes. However, when dealing with an entity where consistency is not their strong point, anything at all is possible.

Hope this helps some of you in your "quest" to get an OCI. Good luck!

Comment

I applied for my joint OCI and Renunciation Adult application on July 23, 2014. It was rec'd at CKGS SFO two days later, acknowledged and sent to the SFO Consulate on Aug 1st. The MOIA in Delhi approved the OCI by mid September, and it arrived in SFO by the first week of October. During this time, I regularly e-mailed CKGS to check on the status of my application because I had still not rec'd my Renunciation certificate & cancelled Indian Passport back. CKGS responded to one of my inquiry e-mails with their OCI matchup e-mail, so I mailed in my U.S. passport to CKGS around Oct 10th which was rec'd by them on Oct 13th. On Oct 23rd, 2014 I finally got my U.S. Passport with OCI stamp, OCI booklet, Cancelled Indian Passport and Renunciation certificate, all back together in the original pre-paid FedEx envelope I had sent them with my application in July.

It took me exactly 3 months to get my new OCI/Renunciation, and it seemed much longer because the communication from CKGS was poor and mostly worthless - I must have written to them at least 10 times and tried calling twice during these 3 months. The final e-mail I got from the CKGS representative said that they had never rec'd my U.S. passport for matchup, yet 2 days later I got my OCI stamped passport back via FedEx - go figure!

I wanted to post this to provide some information for other people who are applying for OCI and Renunciation. It is quite possible that you will receive them both back together after 10-12 weeks instead of individually in separate envelopes. However, when dealing with an entity where consistency is not their strong point, anything at all is possible.

Hope this helps some of you in your "quest" to get an OCI. Good luck!
                      Congratulation Crome, I'm applying (just for myself) for Renunciation and OCI together. I have few question. Any answer based on your experience will help me.

1. How many return Fedex Label/envelop needed, two or three?
                      2. If I send FedEx return label with the application, Still Do I have to pay 15$ for "Application for return of documents by FedEx Courier Service" as written in order form?

thanks in advanced.

Comment

no of document set

Do we need to send two set of document if applying to New york jurisdiction . In the checklist it says 2 set for ATLANTA SAN FRANCISCO and HOUSTON and 1 set for NEW YORK , CHICAGO and WSHINGTON

- - - Updated - - -

Do we need two set of documents if applying to New york jurisdiction? According to check list " 2 sets of documents for jurisdiction ATLANTA, SAN FRANCISCO am HOUSTON and 1 set for NEW YORK , CHICAGO and WASHINGTON ".

Comment

Thanks for all the information guys, to sum up all the above for guys who are applying OCI and Renunciation together(information(For Washington center)

1. Make one set of documents for OCI(Form A and B and other documents as per the checklist)
                          2. Another set of documents for Renuntiation as per the checklist
                          3. OCI cashier check $275 + $3 + $17 = $295
                          4. Renuntiation cashier check $175
                          5. Return courier check $30

Order form is not part of the OCI and Renunciation package any more ? Is that true ?
                          I can not find Oder form on Cox and Kings website.

Comment

Just applied this Friday in Houston. OCI and renunciation together. If its not in the checklist don't worry about it.

Originally posted by rsdalal View Post
                            Thanks for all the information guys, to sum up all the above for guys who are applying OCI and Renunciation together(information(For Washington center)

1. Make one set of documents for OCI(Form A and B and other documents as per the checklist)
                            2. Another set of documents for Renuntiation as per the checklist
                            3. OCI cashier check $275 + $3 + $17 = $295
                            4. Renuntiation cashier check $175
                            5. Return courier check $30

Order form is not part of the OCI and Renunciation package any more ? Is that true ?
                            I can not find Oder form on Cox and Kings website.

Comment

[QUOTE=maverickoci;432610]Just applied this Friday in Houston. OCI and renunciation together. If its not in the checklist don't worry about it.[/QUOTE

Will they send the renunciation certificate and OCI separately or together? Wonderfing if courier charges have to be paid for RENUN Certi and OCI separately.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X