E3 visa Change of employer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E3 visa Change of employer

Change of Employer after working for 3 months. before choosing Kingston Jamaica i had done some research on Third Country Stamping.

Obvious option was Canada/Toronto but US Consulate Toronto website states that if E3 visa is declined then there is a high chance that you may not get entry into US on Visa Waiver Program as well. i was not willing to go all the way back to Australia and comeback, hence i changed my mind and chose Kingston Jamaica.

here is my case background. I am an Indian origin Australian arrived for first time on E3 Visa in March 2014 on project. but due to some reasons that project did not start on time and was delayed. since then my employer failed provide me suitable ongoing work and not paying me as promised. even after several requests he was not providing access to my pay stubs as it would make it easier for me to switch employers.

i found a new employer who was willing to sponsor me. Hence i decided to go for Consulate interview to change my employer. with no pay stubs and no W2.

Actual Interview:

VO: Which category are you applying for?
    me:E3

VO:Are you Australian?
    me:yes

VO:do you have a letter from your new employer?
    me:yes - showed him letter of offer
    turned pages quickly,scanned through letter was looking for my wage and job title

VO: where is this company based?
    me:xxxxxxx,NY

VO:can i see your educational Transcripts?
    me:showed my Australian/graduate qualifications

VO:What is your role with new employer?
    me:listed out few of my roles and responsibilities
    vo busy in typing something on his computer

VO:can i have your resume?
    me:blank (actually i did not carry my resume with me, behaved as if i did not listen to his question)

VO: how different is your present offer from your previous work?
    me: i said it is very similar to what i have been doing but this involves more responsibility than previous role like it involves programming along with Business analysts responsibilites.

VO:then WHY ARE YOU CHANGING EMPLOYER?
    methis was the one i was praying to avoid) currently iam working on EVC model with no ongoing work and it involves lot of traveling to different clients. iam a family guy looking for stable and continous work. my new employer has various inhouse projects.

VO:When are you leaving?
    me:thursday

VO:come and collect your passport on Wednesday
    me:Thank You.

my advice for all who want to avoid/afraid of consulate interview to act ASAP becoz you are out of status if you are not paid properly or not paid at all. more you delay, chances of your visa approval are less.

I have a similar question regarding to changing employers via a new E3 visa from outside of US.

I am interested to know what most people do in this case. The way I see it, there are two options, and I’m not sure if the first is possible.

1. Once I have the LCA from new employer
    Book appointment at US consulate
    Get new E3 visa (is this possible, have not resigned, current E3 still valid)
    Now tell current employer and hand in 2 weeks notice
    This method would be preferred as it provides security, just in case you don’t get new E3 approved (for whatever reason).

2. Once I have the LCA from new employer
    Book appointment at US consulate
    Resign from current job (so current E3 is cancelled)
    Travel outside of US to get new E3

I would be interested to see how others have handled this.

Thanks.

Comment

E3 buddies

Hi Friends,

I am trying to find people who are on E3 visa. our situation is totally different from H1b people.

Please do contact me on my email [email protected]

regards,

--Pankaj

Comment

E3 Visa Employer

Hi

I am a recruiter and can help you find Employer to process your E3 visa.

Let me know.

umeshnyc8[AT]Gmail[dot]com

Thanks
        Umesh

Comment

E 3 similar issue

Originally posted by deip View Post
          Change of Employer after working for 3 months. before choosing Kingston Jamaica i had done some research on Third Country Stamping.

Obvious option was Canada/Toronto but US Consulate Toronto website states that if E3 visa is declined then there is a high chance that you may not get entry into US on Visa Waiver Program as well. i was not willing to go all the way back to Australia and comeback, hence i changed my mind and chose Kingston Jamaica.

here is my case background. I am an Indian origin Australian arrived for first time on E3 Visa in March 2014 on project. but due to some reasons that project did not start on time and was delayed. since then my employer failed provide me suitable ongoing work and not paying me as promised. even after several requests he was not providing access to my pay stubs as it would make it easier for me to switch employers.

i found a new employer who was willing to sponsor me. Hence i decided to go for Consulate interview to change my employer. with no pay stubs and no W2.

Actual Interview:

VO: Which category are you applying for?
          me:E3

VO:Are you Australian?
          me:yes

VO:do you have a letter from your new employer?
          me:yes - showed him letter of offer
          turned pages quickly,scanned through letter was looking for my wage and job title

VO: where is this company based?
          me:xxxxxxx,NY

VO:can i see your educational Transcripts?
          me:showed my Australian/graduate qualifications

VO:What is your role with new employer?
          me:listed out few of my roles and responsibilities
          vo busy in typing something on his computer

VO:can i have your resume?
          me:blank (actually i did not carry my resume with me, behaved as if i did not listen to his question)

VO: how different is your present offer from your previous work?
          me: i said it is very similar to what i have been doing but this involves more responsibility than previous role like it involves programming along with Business analysts responsibilites.

VO:then WHY ARE YOU CHANGING EMPLOYER?
          methis was the one i was praying to avoid) currently iam working on EVC model with no ongoing work and it involves lot of traveling to different clients. iam a family guy looking for stable and continous work. my new employer has various inhouse projects.

VO:When are you leaving?
          me:thursday

VO:come and collect your passport on Wednesday
          me:Thank You.

my advice for all who want to avoid/afraid of consulate interview to act ASAP becoz you are out of status if you are not paid properly or not paid at all. more you delay, chances of your visa approval are less.

Hi Deip,

Do Ihave to leave US to get a new E3 visa with an employer? If yes can we go to Canada or Bahamas? or does it have to be Australia?

What did you end up doing....I am also in the process of changing my employer but now sure how to go about it?

Comment

JAMAICA NOT PROCESSING E3 VISA ANYMORE EFFECTIVE 18th AUG 2015

Important information for Third Country National (TCN) visa applicants
            18 August, 2015

The U.S Embassy in Kingston is unable to accommodate visa interview requests from third country nationals who are not resident in the Embassys consular district of Jamaica and the Cayman Islands. The only exceptions to this policy are C1/D crew member visas, which the Embassy will continue to process.

If you have no long term status in Jamaica, the best place to apply for a visa is in your home country.

Originally posted by Jugnu View Post
            Hi Deip,

Do Ihave to leave US to get a new E3 visa with an employer? If yes can we go to Canada or Bahamas? or does it have to be Australia?

What did you end up doing....I am also in the process of changing my employer but now sure how to go about it?
            Regards,
            EXA-PRO

Comment

E3 visa Change of Employer Help Needed!!

Hi All,

Need help in understanding to change E3 Visa. Here is my background. I am an Australian Citizen arrived for first time on E3 Visa in April 2016 on a project in US but due to some reasons that project started 1 month late and my current employer failed to provide me suitable ongoing work and not paying me as promised.

I found a new employer who is willing to sponsor me. I would like to know.

1. after how many months from getting E3/or arrival I can change employer?
              2. What would I need from my current employer to make transfer such paystubs etc?
              3. Which other documents will I be needing to change the employer from my current employer?
              4. What is the process and timeline for E3 visa transfer inside US?
              5. Do I have to go back to Australia or any other country for stamping?

Please all help with your insights.

Any information will be helpful.

Thanks!!

Liz

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X