I-130 Advice (IR/CR1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 Advice (IR/CR1)

My wife (USC), and I (UK), want to begin the visa process, so I can move to the USA to be with her after I graduate in June/July 2015.

Right now, I am in the USA on the VWP until early September, when I will go back to the UK to finish my studies. During that time, my wife will travel back with me to the UK as a tourist, and stay with me until late February.

We've decided that the IR/CR1 works out best for us, and my wife is ready to file I-130 as soon as we know that it's all going to work out.

I have a few questions for you all:
    -If my wife files the I-130, does she need to go to an appointment to provide the biometric information? (If so, how will this work now that she will be in the UK as a tourist?)
    -If my wife is required to meet for biometric information, do you think she will have enough time to do it before September 8th 2014, if the I-130 was mailed, say, tomorrow?
    -Is it fine to start visa applications if my wife is not in the USA when we do it?
    -Do any documents expire?, (i.e: Do we have to respond to their letter or make payments within a certain time, as my wife won't be in the USA for the early stage of the process)

That's all I can think of for now!

I thank you for reading this, and for any responses that I receive.

- Lee

Your wife, the petitioner, is not subject to a Biometrics requirement, unless the FBI or NCIC name check they do of her turns up suspicious information.

Your wife does not have to be in the U.S. when you submit the initial I-130 petition.

If a "Request for Evidence" is sent by USCIS during petition processing, you are usually given between 30 and 87 days to respond (depending on evidence type requested).

Once the petition is approved and goes to the State Department, NVC, you will have to pay $88 and $230 fees, but have up to a year to pay them.

--Ray B

Originally posted by LeeJWK View Post
    My wife (USC), and I (UK), want to begin the visa process, so I can move to the USA to be with her after I graduate in June/July 2015.

Right now, I am in the USA on the VWP until early September, when I will go back to the UK to finish my studies. During that time, my wife will travel back with me to the UK as a tourist, and stay with me until late February.

We've decided that the IR/CR1 works out best for us, and my wife is ready to file I-130 as soon as we know that it's all going to work out.

I have a few questions for you all:
    -If my wife files the I-130, does she need to go to an appointment to provide the biometric information? (If so, how will this work now that she will be in the UK as a tourist?)
    -If my wife is required to meet for biometric information, do you think she will have enough time to do it before September 8th 2014, if the I-130 was mailed, say, tomorrow?
    -Is it fine to start visa applications if my wife is not in the USA when we do it?
    -Do any documents expire?, (i.e: Do we have to respond to their letter or make payments within a certain time, as my wife won't be in the USA for the early stage of the process)

That's all I can think of for now!

I thank you for reading this, and for any responses that I receive.

- Lee

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X