Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3 CSPA Question

Hello,

my grandmother filed the I-130 through an attorney beginning of 2006 for my mother. The priority date is February 2006 and the receipt date is 2 weeks later. The notice date is May 2010. Does it mean the I-130 got approved in May 2010? Is that normal, or did it take rather long?

I turned 23 in March this year, and it seems like that I have read conflicting information but, did I have to "seek to acquire residence" a couple years ago? Because I read from multiple sources that for CSPA, it has to be within one year from the approval date (which is the notice date?) Or is it when our priority date becomes current (which is in 4-5 years)? I really hope it's the latter, as I did read that it's one of the two, whichever is later.

Also, assuming the I-130 got approved, is it going to be a guaranteed wait until the priority date becomes current, before we hear anything or take any action?

I researched and can answer most of my questions. But I believe that, if my visa does not become current within less than 2 years, then my CSPA age will be over 21.. is that true? I am currently 23 years, 4 months. My I-130 was pending for 4 years, 2 months.

Originally posted by Dual1ty View Post
    Hello,

my grandmother filed the I-130 through an attorney beginning of 2006 for my mother. The priority date is February 2006 and the receipt date is 2 weeks later. The notice date is May 2010. Does it mean the I-130 got approved in May 2010? Is that normal, or did it take rather long?

I turned 23 in March this year, and it seems like that I have read conflicting information but, did I have to "seek to acquire residence" a couple years ago? Because I read from multiple sources that for CSPA, it has to be within one year from the approval date (which is the notice date?) Or is it when our priority date becomes current (which is in 4-5 years)? I really hope it's the latter, as I did read that it's one of the two, whichever is later.

Also, assuming the I-130 got approved, is it going to be a guaranteed wait until the priority date becomes current, before we hear anything or take any action?

Comment

Your file approved in 2010 right ??? And your priority date is in feb 2006
      It means u have a around 4 years benefit as par CSPA.. So 21+4 year=25 years benefit.. Whenever ur priority date ll become current if ur 25 or below 25 then u will get visa...

Comment

So that's less than 2 years for me to get my priority date to become current. Which is very unlikely seeing that it's moving very slowly. This is pretty sad..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X