Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• things to check(I-20 status and I-94 surrender) before entering US with VWP

Hello,
    I'm South Korean citizen and I'm planning to travel US in August with VWP which I already got a sort of permission(not sure what it's called) and there are some things that I wanted to make sure.

1. I wasn't sure whether my F-1 visa and I-20 can be an issue for using VWP.
    -> I was studying and graduated in US in last June so I still have my F-1 visa(valid) and I-20(written expiration date is few years later from now) but as far as I know, when I graduate, the expiration of I-20 is automatically changed to be valid until one month after the graduation. So in this case I wasn't sure whether my understanding is correct about F-1 and I-20 as invalid.

2. Forgot to surrender I-94 when I was leaving US in June so recently sent to CBP with corresponding documents(with boarding pass that I used).
    -> I wanted to check the status of my record regarding I-94 but I don't know where I can ask. I've emailed to immihelp with detail information about this but just told me to use this forum. Just in case I made a copy of all the document that I made before sending it to CBP to bring it when I travel to US in August.

3. Just paying a fee and getting a sort of permission of VWP is all I need to do?
    -> I did pay the fee and printed out a paper saying I'm allowed to use VWP for traveling US(but also mentioning not 100% guaranteed). I wanted to make sure whether this is all I need to bring in August.

I would really appreciate any help here!!
    Last edited by song2014; 07-17-2014, 11:19 AM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X