Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h4 visa stamping at outside district jurisdiction

HiGuys, I would really appreciate if someone could clarify my query below:

My wife is going to apply for US H4 visa next month. I am a resident of Delhi and she is also living there with my parents for last 9 months. Her passport shows address of Bihar and thus if we go by that address then her district jurisdiction would be Kolkata. As she resides in Delhi, it is more convenient for her to apply from Delhi. She also has election id card which shows delhi address.

1) Is it ok if she applies from delhi as thats her permanent address now ?
    2) Would she have any problems by applying from delhi if her passport shows Bihar address?
    3) Does she need to show any other proof at the time of interview that she lives in delhi?

Thanks a lot.

Originally posted by manojuab View Post
    HiGuys, I would really appreciate if someone could clarify my query below:

My wife is going to apply for US H4 visa next month. I am a resident of Delhi and she is also living there with my parents for last 9 months. Her passport shows address of Bihar and thus if we go by that address then her district jurisdiction would be Kolkata. As she resides in Delhi, it is more convenient for her to apply from Delhi. She also has election id card which shows delhi address.

1) Is it ok if she applies from delhi as thats her permanent address now ?
    2) Would she have any problems by applying from delhi if her passport shows Bihar address?
    3) Does she need to show any other proof at the time of interview that she lives in delhi?

Thanks a lot.
    I dont think there is any such restriction any more.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X