can i marry a indian citizen who has student visa in usa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can i marry a indian citizen who has student visa in usa

hi, i have c1/d visa, can i marry with a girl who has student visa?

There is no reason why you cannot marry anyone you choose while in the U.S.

--Ray B

Originally posted by utpalendu View Post
    hi, i have c1/d visa, can i marry with a girl who has student visa?

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      There is no reason why you cannot marry anyone you choose while in the U.S.

--Ray B
      thnx ray B, for ur information. let me tell you abt my full story. i am a imarine engineer. my nationality is indian.have c1/d visa. my fiance (girlfriend, still no legal registration) has student visa and studding in texas, usa.we both she has a very sever knee cartilage problem. and we are planning to treat her knee in The Johns Hopkins Hospital , baltimore. so my quetion is caan i accompany her after my sailing? how many days a c1/d visa holder can stay in usa? if we will marry in usa, then there will be any chance that usa govt spare me for 3 months? i just spent only 3 months over there for her treatment purpose. is this possible? if there is any way, plz let me know. thanx in advance.

Comment

Utpalendu,

I can't tell you how long you can stay in the U.S. on your "C" visa, but "C" visas cannot be converted to any other status. Marriage in the U.S. is okay, but you just can't apply for Green Card status while in the U.S. on a "C visa.

--Ray B

thnx ray B, for ur information. let me tell you abt my full story. i am a imarine engineer. my nationality is indian.have c1/d visa. my fiance (girlfriend, still no legal registration) has student visa and studding in texas, usa.we both she has a very sever knee cartilage problem. and we are planning to treat her knee in The Johns Hopkins Hospital , baltimore. so my quetion is caan i accompany her after my sailing? how many days a c1/d visa holder can stay in usa? if we will marry in usa, then there will be any chance that usa govt spare me for 3 months? i just spent only 3 months over there for her treatment purpose. is this possible? if there is any way, plz let me know. thanx in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
          Utpalendu,

I can't tell you how long you can stay in the U.S. on your "C" visa, but "C" visas cannot be converted to any other status. Marriage in the U.S. is okay, but you just can't apply for Green Card status while in the U.S. on a "C visa.

--Ray B
          i have no intention to apply greencard. for stem cell therapy , i just need 3 months to guide her. can i stay with this purpose with my crewman visa for 3 month?
          plz guide me sir.

Comment

I can't tell you how long you are allowed to remain in the U.S. with your "C" visa. How long were you allowed, base on your I-94, last time you entered the U.S.?

Ray B

i have no intention to apply greencard. for stem cell therapy , i just need 3 months to guide her. can i stay with this purpose with my crewman visa for 3 month?
            plz guide me sir.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X