No announcement yet.

F-1 Visa renewing after completing 1st semester in Ph.D Comp.Sci - Need advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-1 Visa renewing after completing 1st semester in Ph.D Comp.Sci - Need advise

Hi All,

I came to U.S in 2010 to pursue my undergraduate and I completed my degree in May 2014. In my last semester in my UG I worked on a research and my professor liked my research work, so he recommended me in the department to give Ph.D admission. I am admitted to Ph.D for Fall 2014 in the same school and I am thinking to go back to India in coming December to renew my VISA.

My Question is :

Since I will complete only first semester in Ph.D I will not have grades in the transcript except the research credit that I took in this Summer, so do you think is there any chance that VO will ask my UG transcript ?.

I am worrying about that because, in my first year in UG I couldn't make good progress in academic but I tried hard to raise my GPA, so when I graduated my GPA is 3.0 and my Comp.Sci GPA is 3.2, but I got into Dean's List in Fall 2013. Also, I can get strong recommendation letter from my adviser stating the quality of my research work and progress, and from the department as well. Moreover, I am planning to publish a research paper by end of this year before I leave. So do you think these stuffs will help ?

I am really scared because of my low GPA in UG, and worrying will that problem cause the rejection? And I cannot fix that problem, so do you think I can explain the situation? is there are chances to get approved? I will appreciate if you can give me some advise.

Thanks

~Sanjay.

please some one help me on this...

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by sanjay87 View Post
    Hi All,

I came to U.S in 2010 to pursue my undergraduate and I completed my degree in May 2014. In my last semester in my UG I worked on a research and my professor liked my research work, so he recommended me in the department to give Ph.D admission. I am admitted to Ph.D for Fall 2014 in the same school and I am thinking to go back to India in coming December to renew my VISA.

My Question is :

Since I will complete only first semester in Ph.D I will not have grades in the transcript except the research credit that I took in this Summer, so do you think is there any chance that VO will ask my UG transcript ?.

I am worrying about that because, in my first year in UG I couldn't make good progress in academic but I tried hard to raise my GPA, so when I graduated my GPA is 3.0 and my Comp.Sci GPA is 3.2, but I got into Dean's List in Fall 2013. Also, I can get strong recommendation letter from my adviser stating the quality of my research work and progress, and from the department as well. Moreover, I am planning to publish a research paper by end of this year before I leave. So do you think these stuffs will help ?

I am really scared because of my low GPA in UG, and worrying will that problem cause the rejection? And I cannot fix that problem, so do you think I can explain the situation? is there are chances to get approved? I will appreciate if you can give me some advise.

Thanks

~Sanjay.
    please someone help me.. still not sure about the chances of getting visa. I already filled up the application forms.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X