Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travel from India to US with 4 months of passport validity / passport expiring soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel from India to US with 4 months of passport validity / passport expiring soon

Today's date : 24 Jul 2014.
    Leaving USA : 22 Aug 2014
    Rreturning to USA : 13 Sep 2014
    My Current H1-B expiry : 30 Sep 2014.
    Indian Passport Expiry : 19 Jan 2015

Can I travel to USA with less than 6 months of passport validity. Will there be any problem at the Airlines counter in India or at the Port of Entry in the US?

I do not have enough time to get a new passport in US or in India.

I have applied for H1-B extension and I will be getting the I-797 approval notice before leaving USA.

I would really appreciate your help.

You can apply for a new passport in USA. Under tatkal you will get new passport within 10 days.

Comment

Originally posted by gbmanjunath View Post
      You can apply for a new passport in USA. Under tatkal you will get new passport within 10 days.
      From my understanding, you can only apply for Tatkal in the U.S. in case of acute emergency. I am supposed to travel to India in Oct and my passport expires in Dec. I was told by my lawyer that I can travel but when I come back they will only stamp my I-94 until the validity of my passport. I will have to renew my passport before my I-94 expires and will also need to apply for I-94 extension after that.

Anyone knows if we can apply for Tatkal passport while in India ? My passport was last renewed by Indian consulate in Chicago.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X