Mom's Green Card still pending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom's Green Card still pending

In January 2013 I applied for my mom's Green Card. My mom is an Iranian citizen who has been living in Germany for more than 30 years. She has permanent residency in Germany.
    I had my first correspondence with immigration in March 2013. I provided all the documents needed and finally my Mom's interview was scheduled in May 2014 at the U.S. Embassy in Germany. After her interview she was handed a white letter stating the following:

"This office regrets to inform you that your visa application is refused because you have been found ineligible to receive a visa under section 221 (g)of the immigration and Nationality Act. At this point your application requires additional administrative processing. At the completion of the additional processing your application will be re-evaluated."

I contacted the embassy and the reply I received was:

"Your mother’s application is undergoing legally mandated administrative processing in order to verify her qualifications for this visa. Administrative processing often lasts about 90 days, but in some instances it can take several months longer. Please note that the duration and outcome of our continuing administrative processing is uncertain and there is no guarantee that a visa will be approved upon the completion of this processing."

I am not exactely sure what is going on. I provided all the needed documents, my mom has no criminal background or anything that would prevent her from being eligible for a Visa. The only possible explanation for me is that she is an Iranian citizen. I feel there is a level of discrimination due to the fact that she is an Iranian citizen.

I also need to mention that my mother was denied a visitors Visa twice in 2010 with the explanation that she would be staying in the US if she was granted a Visa due to the fact that her only child is living in the U.S. The explanation given from the U.S. embassy is very poor since they never took the time to go through the documents my husband and I had provided. They denied her without even looking at the documents she had with her, which included tax returns and current pay stubs.

Can anyone help me or had a similar experience??

Thank you

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X