Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dutch citizen maried to U.S. citizen refused entry to U.S. Help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dutch citizen maried to U.S. citizen refused entry to U.S. Help please!

3 months ago I applied for a B2 tourist visa at the U.S. embassy in Amsterdam. My American husband and I have been living all over the world teaching scuba diving. Now we wanted to spend 6 months with his family in Montana before returning to Mexico. Since I would only be allowed to stay for 3 months under the VWP, which I would normally be eligible for being a Dutch citizen, I decided to apply for a B2 visa. This turned out to be a big mistake with great consequences for us. I was denied the visa on the basis of not having been able to show enough ties with the Netherlands... I tried twice and twice I got a hard no...Now I am also never again allowed entry on the Visa Waiver Program, meaning I can never visit my husband's family for a holiday without applying for a visa which means waiting times and paying money and risking probably getting that hard no again. Definitely not an option for any last minute travel for what ever family emergency...
    My question for now is; My husband and I have been separated for 3 months now. In a month we meet again in Mexico to teach scuba diving. I would love to visit him and see his family for 2 weeks before. Could I try to fly to Canada, make my way to the border and enter the U.S. with a I 94W form? Or would I not have any change of getting in?
    Thanks for any thoughts and tips, they are very welcome!!

Entering via canada is the same thing. You will be denied entry .

Visiting is out of the question for you now.

I am wondering ;

Don't you guys plan to live together as husband and wife instead of you visiting him?
    If you plan to enter US, he will have to file for a green card for you I I-130).

Comment

Thank you Peace,

We have been living together like a husband and wife for about 7 years, just not in the U.S. We have no intent on living permanently in the U.S.
      I need to pick up my diving equipment that I brought with me last time I was there. I thought I would be back soon...ggrrrr

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X