No announcement yet.

H1B approved in the interview and tracking shows " Administrative Processing"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B approved in the interview and tracking shows " Administrative Processing"

Dear All,

I appeared for H1B interview last week and the counselor in the end said your visa is approved.
    Before proceeding for the interview I was told to have my approved petition and latest passport ready.

The counselor asked some questions and just checked my petition and retained my passport and said your visa is approved.
    Later when checked on website: " https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTrack...zCYubaSQI+RA== "
    Status showed as " Administrative Processing"

Below are the queries that I have:
    1. Since I was told to have my latest passport with me, I did not get the opportunity to show him my old passport and neither did he ask for it.
    He check all the pages and information of both the passport and my petition.
    My old passport is now with me and the latest one with the embassy - will this be a issue?
    2. What will happen next as the I have checked on various websites, and it said it would take weeks to resolve the issues.

How shall I proceed with the above, Please suggest.

Thanks
    Rahul
    Thanks
    Rahul

Not to worry....

I dont think you have a reason to worry. Most cases, if VO approves, it is done! Rarely, it would get delayed and even in that case, they may ask for some more details through the email id you have subscribed. answering ur queries...
    1. Your expired or old passport may not be a concern. If it was required VO would have definitely asked for it.
    2. Keep checking the status once every two days and I think you should get you stamped passport in 2-3weeks.

Regards,
    Raj

Comment

Same thing with me. My Visa interview was on the 24th of July. Within 40 secs of interview the visa officer said its approved and kept my passport. Now when I check the status it says "Administrative Processing".

Ive read on quite a few forums that its fine. Usually they need to verify that they need to verify the petition approval from the USCIS data base. The USCIS data base is different from the consular database. This is verified from Washington and may take a few weeks to be completed. Have patience and njoy your time. You will get your visa soon

Comment

Question on H1B stamping rejection

I don't find any issues with my profile but worried about stamping all the time. Can someone please let me know what are the chances of H1b stamping rejection.
        Last edited by Akshay16087; 07-26-2014, 10:14 AM. Reason: Mistake

Comment

cant really guess a chance...

Hi Akshay,
          It is tough to tell about exact chance. But, at the same time you dont need to worry if your profile is fine. I donno if you have already attended the interview...
          But if you feel that your profile is good, then nothing to worry about.
          To add more, be very specific and unambiguous when you answer to the VO's queries
          Trying to understand the chance of selection or rejection is a waste of time

Comment

Originally posted by srajesh View Post
            Hi Akshay,
            It is tough to tell about exact chance. But, at the same time you dont need to worry if your profile is fine. I donno if you have already attended the interview...
            But if you feel that your profile is good, then nothing to worry about.
            To add more, be very specific and unambiguous when you answer to the VO's queries
            Trying to understand the chance of selection or rejection is a waste of time
            Thanks a lot for the reply!!...
            I am yet to attend the interview. It is on 16th August. Will share the results.
            Only thing I am worried about is that I have twice been to US on B1 visa and both stay have been 3 months each.
            But it was once in 2008 and another in 2010. I don't think it should be an issue.

Comment

be prepared....

U could get queries on previous B1 and extended duration. If you had a day to day schedule, that's awesome. but otherwise also, not an issue if you have valid business reasons.
              For H1, the main point could be that they don't want anybody to stay back in US.
              But again, that's just a guess...
              Give the VO, the impression that you mean only business and rest should be fine!

Comment

Went through with stamping!!

HI All,

Thanks for all your advices!!

I got the visa stamped. The VO didn't ask many questions. Only 4 questions and those also basic like which client, how much salary, highest qualification and which place.

Thanks one again for helping me gain confidence for the innterview!!!

Comment

Visa interview successful but status as Admin process

Originally posted by mdirshadulhaq View Post
                  Same thing with me. My Visa interview was on the 24th of July. Within 40 secs of interview the visa officer said its approved and kept my passport. Now when I check the status it says "Administrative Processing".

Ive read on quite a few forums that its fine. Usually they need to verify that they need to verify the petition approval from the USCIS data base. The USCIS data base is different from the consular database. This is verified from Washington and may take a few weeks to be completed. Have patience and njoy your time. You will get your visa soon
                  Same here with me also. Can you please share me about your visa status

I have given interview at Aukland New zealand, The officer didnt tell anything about approval or administration process.

He just asked about my responsibilities and about employer and told you will receive passport in next few days.

But when I checked the status at https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status. it says the below. is is the interim process before visa approved or 221g.

Case Creation Date: 03-Oct-2014
                  Status Updated Date: 03-Oct-2014

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days.
                  Last edited by newzealandus; 10-04-2014, 06:27 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X