Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special consideration for applying Citizenship

Hello,
    My parents got GC through my aunt in 2009.I am also a GC holder through my husband but my only brother who was over 21 couldn't join with my parents then and stayed back alone.Parents had to come every 6 months in USA stayed for few months and went back.After some time as it got harder they took Re-entry permit once.Out of 36 months they might have stayed 16 months in US.But as they took permit I believe those months are not considered any more.If my parents wants to stay here from now on is there any way they can request to add those months of their staying in US?Can it be a special consideration as this was a genuine cause for them not to be able for staying that long here?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by wind chime View Post
    Hello,
    My parents got GC through my aunt in 2009.I am also a GC holder through my husband but my only brother who was over 21 couldn't join with my parents then and stayed back alone.Parents had to come every 6 months in USA stayed for few months and went back.After some time as it got harder they took Re-entry permit once.Out of 36 months they might have stayed 16 months in US.But as they took permit I believe those months are not considered any more.If my parents wants to stay here from now on is there any way they can request to add those months of their staying in US?Can it be a special consideration as this was a genuine cause for them not to be able for staying that long here?

Thanks in advance.
    No Special consideration. they have to qualify just like everyone else to apply for Citizenship.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X